Feints

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
Feint death:
once I asked, What s the point to feign death if you re not announced dead and if in addition the score of the player you try to fool does not change (fake)?
and someone answered me this funny thing:
"Don t worry, half of the world is made of idiots "

But I still wonder, what about the other half then?... :S

Actually i believe that this feint will work the very first hours, but I would not use it when everyone will know about it. After some days, only idiots and new beginners will be fooled.

Anyway, I think that feint could be a nice stuff to add to the game.

What about this kind of feints?:

-Put yourself in flames so everyone believes that you ve just been hit by some rockets. Of course, when you do so you re on maximum health and shield, hehehehe =D (5 feints per rounds, lasts 7 seconds)

-On the opposite, put the regenation combo pattern around yourself when you re low at health (of course you do not regenerate, but you make your opponent believe that you re high at health, while you are actually low. this feint just last 7 seconds and could be used only 5 times per rounds.

- On the same logic, you could add the Berzerk combo pattern around yourself when you re running out of ammo or weapon so people start to think twice before attacking you =D (could last 7 seconds and could be used only 5 times in one round)
it could be activated exactly in the same way you activate the original combo you re imitating.

- Why not being able to hold any weapon of your arsenal even if they are running out of ammo. (so you look stronger than you really are)

Anyone who have some nice ideas for some nice feints?

Kirin[SC]

恐いハチミツボイ
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville NC
www.saphiria.net
I think in order for feign death to work it should display the following elements:

+ simulate rag doll death, which I believed is already mentioned.
+ show a fake death message based on the last projectile that hit you. "Player X was killed by Player Y's shock combo ... or is it?" It would even show "You have killed Player Y" on the killer's screen to make it believable.
+ make certain adrenaline combos or powerups (eg. UDamage) look like they have been deactivated. Obviously, if you're still glowing from UDamage while you're playing dead then it's a more obvious note that you are not dead.

killalot0

May 26, 2005
KirinRiotCrash said:
I think in order for feign death to work it should display the following elements:

+ simulate rag doll death, which I believed is already mentioned.
+ show a fake death message based on the last projectile that hit you. "Player X was killed by Player Y's shock combo ... or is it?" It would even show "You have killed Player Y" on the killer's screen to make it believable.
+ make certain adrenaline combos or powerups (eg. UDamage) look like they have been deactivated. Obviously, if you're still glowing from UDamage while you're playing dead then it's a more obvious note that you are not dead.

yeah this could work and the only way you can see it is by looking at your score
because thats the only thing that doesnt change while faking.

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
lol I think it will only be to fool newbies or to joke around with your friends or to have fun by watching Ragdoll motions, like when you jump in the pit in the middle of Gael.

Because for expert players like me, you will right away do WTF if you see him "dying" and see no "You killed X player" message, then make fun shooting the corpse until it gibs and die for real haha.

Vault

May 29, 2005
yeah thats what i missed most, not being able to blow up corpses. In UT2007 i think the bodies should be ever present, even after blwoing them up

Vault

May 29, 2005
and of course, more realistic blowups, i mean, shooting a corpse with a sniper rifle and rocket lauch should have a different effect

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
Well, it would depend because if its a spamming map or like 10 person in a 2v2 map (which I would never try to play but some idiot would), it would end up in too much corpse everywhere and just be lame. I think we should be able to gib em all and that they remain there but disapear after a limit is exceeded. Like the server could have this limit of max 10 coprse/gib on the map.

Vault

May 29, 2005
yeah, i see what ya mean

but i want ever present blood stains, especially in ONS maps, to make it more a battlefeild, same with CON

o just make it a mutator, that fixes everything!

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
Vault said:
yeah, i see what ya mean

but i want ever present blood stains, especially in ONS maps, to make it more a battlefeild, same with CON

o just make it a mutator, that fixes everything!

Yeah good point, at least for Ons & Conq to make it more like a battlefield.
Problems with mutator is that almost no one use them and if you use a mutator, then your server is no more standard and leagues and all this ****, only use "Standard" server...

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
If it's going to have an impact on the client's performance, then why shouldn't it be a client-side setting? It wouldn't be much different from the current decal longevity setting etc.

Forcing the clients' computers to render all these bodies/decals would be immensively dumb if you ask me. It would bring people's computers to their knees as a match progresses (as if people won't have enough trouble getting decent fps in the first place).

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Did you even read what i wrote? If a server uses that mutator, they would be forcing it on people...

Vault

May 29, 2005
if the server used the mutator and the "client" didnt like it, he (or she) would just get off the server....

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Vault said:
if the server used the mutator and the "client" didnt like it, he (or she) would just get off the server....

...thus making the mutator pointless. A client-side setting would make it optional and thus please everybody.