Frag Grenade Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spectator

Jan 1, 2001
Now, I've never posted yet, but I don't think anyone has said something about this.

1) Frag Grenade Problem:
If the FG is in my loadout, I can use it. (duh)

If the FG IS NOT in my loadout, but I picked one up from the ground, I CAN'T use it. (I can still throw it away usiing the throw weapon key though, but it wouldn't explode then. Primary or secondary fire won't work.)

If the FG IS in my loadout, and I used all of them. Then I CAN'T use any that I pick up. (If I didn't use all of the grenades, then I can use those that I pick up.)

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? Because I tested this using my friend's computer and the same thing happened to him.

2) Newbie Question(?) - The 280 map-pack umod installed some *.u files into my INF_Maps folder
- should I just leave it there?

3) Minor Problem - The falling damage of Infiltration made for a very... "challenging" game when I played AS-HiSpeed.

Spectator

Spectator

Jan 1, 2001
Gee thx

Well, there were other pesky things too, but the frag grenade really bugged me.

Spectator :)

dweb

Jan 15, 2001
I have the same problem on my system. I am running INF 2.82 and cannot use grenades that I pick up. It's too bad cause enemies drop them
all over the place when they expire! In fact, they often throw them right into my inventory if I am standing close enough when they die. Please note that I am plying single person, local wars only, not online. This grenade behavior seems to be independant of map, game type, and loadout.

WEB

"We got computers. We leave'em on."-JCS

Spectator

Jan 1, 2001
Same thing

Yes, thats exactly whats going on with me. Such a pity :( since the frag grenade is a good weapon.

There is one way that I know of where you can still use frag gre. that you pick up:

Just make sure you NEVER run out of frag grenades. :cool:

Spectator

Lucrio3

Jan 20, 2001
Visit site
Yeah i get teh same problem, i can't use them sometimes, but i can other. My friend on another comp has the same problem. Please help. :(

Ebonite DPW

The Fifth General and [PDX] convert
Jan 14, 2001
Portland. OR
www.darktorrent.com
I've had no problems

The frag grenades have never been a problem for me, unless I ALT-Fire and hold on to them too long. The only thing I noticed is that the quick action key defaults to another weapon after I use up all my grenades. Then I have to manually change my weapons in order to use any grenades I picked up. If I have time, I go in and change the quick action key in the orders menu, and then everything works as before.

Disgruntled Postal Workers

We know where you live...

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Another thing about frag grenades: the way the screen doesn't move if you only sightly change your aim makes it hard to aim with grenades, espcially if your ready to throw it and it doesn't appear on screen.

shot.jpg

MamiyaOtaru

Postmaster Corporal
Nov 21, 2000
Wyoming
I have a similar problem: when I run out of grenades for the H&K69, even after I pick up more, and they show in my inventory, I cannot fire them off- the launcher won't even let me reload.

I wonder if all ammo behaves this way: if you start with it and run out, if you can't use more when you pick it up. Think I'll go check on my roomie's comp

Erst kommt das Fressen, dann kommt die Moral

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
yep got the same problem. i've also noticed that if i don't have any equiped in the loadout and i hit one it gives me the m67 has no ammo warning. plus occasionally if i use them all in one round then the next round i can't like that bug carries over.

I've also had it go the other way a few times where i run out of nades but can still use them. unlimited free nades in other words.

firetatanka.jpg

FEAR!

Spectator

Jan 1, 2001
Well, I guess I'll need to test some more. I've never had any trouble with other weapon ammo. Just that M67 Frag grenade.

Spectator

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
i´VE JUST POSTED THIS...

"WELL, THE BUG IS: WHEN THE RELOAD FOR THE WEAPONS IS NOT SET AS AUTOMATIC - AUTO RELOAD - ONE CAN ONLY TROW GRENADES IF HE/SHE/IT ALREADY HAVE THIS ITEM. I´VE NOTICED THAT WHEN IN PLAYER RELOAD MODE IF GET ONE SINGLE DROPPED GRENADE FROM A DEAD PLAYER, YOU´LL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE GRENADES ANYMORE; UNTIL U GET A DEAD/END ROUND/MAP CHANGE.

IN SMALL TALK: IF U HAVE PUT THE AUTO-RELOAD OFF, WHEN U GET A GRENADE FROM THE GROUND U´LL NOT BE ABLE TO USE GRENADES ANYMORE EVER!!!"

see it in new version sugestions. caverna2k out.

I´m gonna kick your lilly ass, freak!!!

Spectator

Jan 1, 2001
well that's true, sorta

you'll still be able to use any succeeding frag grenades that you pick up as long as you don't use up all the grenades

but yes, the bug was gone if I use auto reload

and no, it didn't happen to other ammo
and I don't know how you got unlimited nades Lord Bunker

Spectator

[This message was edited by Spectator on Jan 28, 2001 at 12:41.]