Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I'm currently on a pirated version, so I can totally relate to the resources thing. I'm on single player messing around till my new laptop comes, and it really does take ages to build anything. Currently I'm out of coal, so I've been digging around like crazy so I can make torches and actually go back to mining. Gotta finish my giant city walls :lol:

I thought you could play for free in creative mode anyway? Maybe i'm wrong I just paid for it's cheap and it's cool.

Coal was a git I have to say. On my first go on singleplayer it took me four days to find any coal. Made the game somewhat atmoshperic to have to sit through 3 nights in my little cobblestone shelter.

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
I thought you could play for free in creative mode anyway? Maybe i'm wrong I just paid for it's cheap and it's cool.

Coal was a git I have to say. On my first go on singleplayer it took me four days to find any coal. Made the game somewhat atmoshperic to have to sit through 3 nights in my little cobblestone shelter.

Found creative mode a little boring, that's why I downloaded it. I'm sure it's better with more people involved. But single player, just building aimlessly without having to collect anything, not for me.

Staward

Lauda tuus animus
Jan 31, 2008
-23° 58' 3.15" -46° 20' 32.07"
Duuude, this game is stupid but it's soooooooo fun.

I was playing in the classic's MP. I tried to build something away from everyone, but some asshole came in and destroyed the whole thing. Then i started building my way up just a few squares from there and saw that:

lol

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
P.s/ I've now staked a very small plot of land for myself on your server DarkEd.
You'll probably barely notice it. :)

Woops I thoguht i was working out of sight but i'ev just seen my chanegs are actually visible(mostly at night) from the tower to the left of the gate(when entering)

Just a twinkle in the distance but you can see skull island. :)

Welcome to the server! I haven't been on much over the last few days because I'm taking a little Minecraft MP break, but next time I'm tooling around on the server I'll drop by and take a look.

If you need any help don't be afraid to ask someone. Good people to ask are myself, lacota, EF5 (Zxan) and SleepyHe4d. One or more of us are usually on at some point during the day. Myself and lacota are both admins so if you need liquids (water/lava) we can help you out. Don't forget to do /help to see which commands are available to you. When I get a chance I'll set you to a higher group so you'll have access to more/better commands.

-Epic Minecraft Update Announcement-

Woot!

I kno, rite? I can't wait D:

Then i started building my way up just a few squares from there and saw that:

lol

Yeah, you get that sometimes :) But if you think creative mode is fun, wait until you try survival.

EDIT: Also wanted to say that MP is much more fun when you play with regulars.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Then i started building my way up just a few squares from there and saw that:

lol

How surprising right? We'll see the same things on nearly every weapons in CoD: BO as we did in every game that offers customization.

There's something about /b/tards and customization. Like there's something about Black people and KFC.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Welcome to the server! I haven't been on much over the last few days because I'm taking a little Minecraft MP break, but next time I'm tooling around on the server I'll drop by and take a look.

If you need any help don't be afraid to ask someone. Good people to ask are myself, lacota, EF5 (Zxan) and SleepyHe4d. One or more of us are usually on at some point during the day. Myself and lacota are both admins so if you need liquids (water/lava) we can help you out. Don't forget to do /help to see which commands are available to you. When I get a chance I'll set you to a higher group so you'll have access to more/better commands.

Out of interest is there a known problem that you can't smelt? Also does water not behave normally by default?
I'm finding i can put the coal and the ore in the furnace but nothing happens.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Read this, it will explain the furnace in details.
Ingots are already smelted, use crafting to make anything out of them.

Yes sorry i should've said ore.
I know how the furnace should work what i'm asking is if it's right that i'm finding that it isn't?

I can use it perfectly fine in singleplayer. I drop the coal in and the stone or iron ore or whatever, the fire lights up but on the server the white arrow never appears and the fire never starts drilling down. T'is a s hame.

On a more fun note, I've been exploring a bit more, I've climbed one of the major mountains and built a little tower for other mountain climbers to find and/or knock down.
I've visited both ports and been to the end of the road, boy do you guys dig long tunnels though. ;)

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Out of interest is there a known problem that you can't smelt? Also does water not behave normally by default?
I'm finding i can put the coal and the ore in the furnace but nothing happens.

Yes sorry i should've said ore.
I know how the furnace should work what i'm asking is if it's right that i'm finding that it isn't?

I can use it perfectly fine in singleplayer. I drop the coal in and the stone or iron ore or whatever, the fire lights up but on the server the white arrow never appears and the fire never starts drilling down. T'is a s hame.

The furnace generally works as it should, however there are a few bugs that appear only in multiplayer.

The first bug has to do with the white arrow; it doesn't appear as it should but blocks will still smelt normally. Just be patient and your bars will appear.

The second bug is much worse in nature. If you place two furnaces directly next to each other, or if you place a furnace directly next to a chest or workbench, it will often glitch out and 'eat' any coal and blocks you put into it. In this case the term 'eat' is just as bad as it sounds -- the items in question simply cease to exist. To avoid this bug never place a furnace directly next to another furnace, chest, or workbench. Surrounding them with cobble seems to be ok, so you can just space them 1 block apart and inset them into a wall if you like.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Turns out, one thing i didn't know was that the furnace will smelt when you're niot actually looking at it. The bars would never appear untill i closed the furnace and then opened it again.

After that the bars started piling up, it's a bit clunky but basicly i just have to put the stuff in there and coime back when it's done but i guess that's how you're meant to do it anyway.

I just spent about half an hour on that wiki site working out what a wierd object I found in a dungeon was, apparently it's a saddle for riding pigs...

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
We can fix it. Talk to me or lacota next time one of us is on.

It's okay i spent almost all of last nigt making my mine almsot wheelchair accessable it's so well paved. Tons fo things to see down there now with natural water springs and lava flows/pools everywhere. still not finished exploring the extents of the voids i've uncovered though.
I ended up replacing the cool mega lava flow with a staircase however.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
I made a Dyson Sphere. Two entire double-chests of cobblestone smelted, half a chest of sand smelted and two trips full of buckets to get lava. And a crapload of torches. Also the blueprints I used while building the spheres.

MinecraftDyson1.jpg

MinecraftDyson2.jpg

MinecraftDyson3.jpg

MinecraftDyson4.jpg

MinecraftDyson5.jpg

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Myself and lacota have setup a permanent IRC channel for the server.

irc.esper.net
#sdserver

We have a bot to handle channel registrations and auto-op and the like.

We also have a nifty server mod called CraftIRC that integrates the IRC channel into the in-game chat, and vice-versa. Additionally, there is a new in-game /admins! command that is available to all user groups, and when used, it will alert us through IRC. This means that even if we're not playing you can /admins! us and we will instantly know you need help. This should provide a better experience for everyone.

In any case, if you're one of the regulars I implore you to start using the channel, even if it's only when you're playing. Thanks!

Made a decoration for my desk.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

[screenshot]http://www.angelmapper.com/img/misc/MinecraftPapercraft1.jpg[/screenshot]

It's awesome! How did you make it? I must have one! :D

Last edited: