3D Realms Shuts Down, Duke's Fate Unclear

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unknown Target

Jan 22, 2008
So... skip DNF and go ahead with Duke Nukem 5? Or never ever build any FPS game like Duke Nukem 3D was?

I think you should pull your head out of ass. DNF is not a laughing stock, just like Daikatana wasn't, or Limbo of the Lost for that matter. They are good examples on how terribly things can go out of hand. Sure, of the customers of the game industry it might be a laughing matter. But not for anyone taking the game industry serious.

Nope, it was pretty much a laughing stock. Everyone at the LAN's I attend/help run (200+ people) used it as a punchline to many a joke.

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
Anyone even remotely interested in seeing Duke Nukem Forever published needs their head examining.

No they don't.
I am a big fan of DN3D, so of course I'm interested in what happens to DNF.
A non-standard development cycle doesn't change that, and the recent news only makes me more curious again.

Everyone at the LAN's I attend/help run (200+ people) used it as a punchline to many a joke.

I hope the quality of the rest of the LAN party was better; DNF jokes rate below puns.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
If they had released some real gameplay footage of how the game is atm, people might of taken them more seriously.
Looks like there was uhm something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp827KokQn0&feature=related

That is kinda old, there was somehting more recent atm I think...
Anyway.....
What is sahme that their site is not working, I hope they out it back on to support their old titles, I recently downloaded shadow warrior shareware because I never played the game etc before. It is sad if all that old support etc goes away too. I hope they put it back somewhere at leats for that...

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
Oh well, we still have Duke Nukem 3D HR :)

To be honest I was so worried to see a release much worse than Duke Nukem 3D.
If I had seen a new Duke with shiny plastic mannequins, less breakable objects, and a failed humourism - exactly like games are coming out these days - I would have cried.

SPIDEYUT2K7

I see a blue screen
Feb 22, 2008
City of the Polution
Duke Nukem Forever now is officially an URBAN LEGEND lol (the only real thing now is the ****ing swine flu everywhere! or is a conspiracy of the Governments? argh) :(

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Sounds far fetched, more of a comedic farewell to DNF.

But damn the imagery is pretty funny just trying imagine Cliffy B and Mark Rein running the show like the mafia cracking legs and breaking skulls :)

They should have offered 3D realms Pop Tarts...

Last edited:

Unknown Target

Jan 22, 2008
To Duke's defenders: the game is a joke. Sorry but I have not heard (with the exception of the few people defending it here) anybody take it seriously.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
This news sucks golfballs through gardening hoses. I was hoping to see it finished one day and own it because we should admit that this game has now achieved quite a legendary status.