XSI mod tool configuration for UnrealEd

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I'm curious about the relation ratio between the two. I remember you could configure maya to match unrealeds units exactly.

What im basically looking for is a way to match scaling on meshes between XSI and UnrealEd so that what appears to be normal in XSI turns out to be super small or super big in UnrealEd. Thats always been my biggest problem with anything ive done up to this point.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
It's a 1:1 ratio in Maya without any configuring. 1 unit is 1 unit in any program.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Do you mean UEd's default 16 unit grid size and highlights every 8th line?

If all else fails you could run some simple experiments with cubes to figure it out.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Angel_Mapper said:
It's a 1:1 ratio in Maya without any configuring. 1 unit is 1 unit in any program.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Do you mean UEd's default 16 unit grid size and highlights every 8th line?

If all else fails you could run some simple experiments with cubes to figure it out.

I think I'll do some experimenting.

I could have sworn that I had to configure maya units to match unrealed units to get the scaling right...at least with the version that shipped with UT2003.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Its not a 1:1 ratio. I attached some screenshots to show what I mean.
Its more like a 1:16

Its time to scower the web methinks.

Attachments

• XSI1.jpg
    XSI1.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 18
  • unrealed1.jpg
    unrealed1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 12

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
It looks like the grid size in XSI is set to one unit, which would make it a 1:1 ratio with UEd (multiply the grid setting in UEd by the number of lines to get the units, or just use Shift + middle mouse in one of UEd's 2d viewports).

Last edited: