ONS / CTF FragBU Tonight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
ONS / CTF FragBU Tonight
by Zenny at 2:39 PM EST (General Site News) [ 0 Comments ] #5515

After a succesful attempt last weekend, Frag BU will be held again tonight. The Ketnar / BeyondUnreal Onslaught Mothership will be the spot for Onslaught, while BeyondUnreal / AlienPod CTF will be blaring that old time CTF. The event will start at 7 PM EDT, and the passwords for the servers will be available in our IRC channel, #beyondunreal on irc.enterthegame.com.

The other five BeyondUnreal servers will be opened to the public during the event, so if you are having a craving for Assault or Deathmatch, you'll still be able to play on our blazingly fast servers. For more information on our servers, head to this page.

By the way... anyone heard from Webby?

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
hal said:
By the way... anyone heard from Webby?

Talked to him off and on in the #fragbu channel, he's busy with RL, he doesn't even have 2k4, and prolly isn't going to get it in the near future as far as I can tell.

Can't you just post the pw here, I was in the #beyondunreal channel and couldn't get the pw from anyone.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
ggs

I had a blast despite the connection troubles. I have been getting 10-15% packet loss intermittently since thursday night and this was my first real attempt to play through it. Fun games, although a couple of the maps were way too short. :p

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
gg's all!

I had quite a bit of trouble getting back into the CTF frame of mind... and that damn xloc! ;) I haven't played CTF since the demo and let me tell you... it's a lot different when you don't have your overpowered spammy vehicles to cover up your lack of skills. Anyhow, CTF is fun again.

gg's late night ONS'ers.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
:lol: Yeah that sounds about right. I was trying to go to a power node in ArcticStronghold but the tank slid down the hill sideways so it took a lot longer.

ggs everyone. I think CTF is bad for my health... I go nuts playing it :lol:

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
I had a Trans-Atlantic night last night :)

GGs last night to the early crew, a few nice games there :) Dunno where that server was based, but at 130 ping I can't really complain :tup:

I would just like to go on record to state that Face sucks. It sucked in UT1 and it sucks now. That is all :)

Also, ggs to spineblaze and crew before-hand :D

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
gg's.

However I do have minor complaints. ;)

- I hate the new x-loc

- I hate the different swap speed between the SR and x-loc (why does it have to be timed differently? is there some tactic/technique that Epic was trying to gimp by slowing the swap speed?)

- my .ini binds are flaky, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. In particular my shield gun bind. I couldn't use the shield at all last night.

- somebody with a "blank/empty" name played last night. We tried to kick vote him after asking him several times who to put a name on, but it wouldn't work. If you're going to play on a private passworded server you owe us the courtesy of knowing who you are. Simply put, not having a name is rude.

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
Kris Khan said:
Is BU holding these servers every weekend?
of course!

great games everybody!

though i got banned from the bu ons server several times(what was up with that) i eventually got in(after my video card overheated twice) and managed to pull off a megakill with like 5 pancakes in a row resulting in a killing spree in less then like 1 minute :p (i suck so bad i needed that ^_^)....then i needed to sleep.

ggs..

i must have pressed the windows key 500 times!

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Kris Khan said:
Is BU holding these servers every weekend?

The BU servers are up 24/7 and you can check the status on the front page (right sidebar) or here: http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/ut2004/ut2004mothership.php

We hold FragBU every weekend, which is a passworded event that is open for anyone frequenting BeyondUnreal. The password is typically in the topic (as you log on you'll see it) in the IRC channel: enterthegame #beyondunreal.

Hanover, I was having considerable trouble adjusting to the xloc too and my "best weapon" bind doesn't always seem to work for me. Might be my mouse drivers, I'll have to check it out.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
GG's everyone. A capture limit of 3 is annoying for CTF. It should be at least 5, IMO.

As far as the server goes, I was really impressed how good the connection felt when playing. My ping was higher than most servers I play on, but I didn't notice any lag at all. :tup:

hmm, must have missed some of you guys. I was playing CTF untill 1am EST. Still had some very ggs, very close games.....

BTW, maybe FragBU should be on only 1 server, that lets us vote for both CTF and ONS, that way I dont have to switch between servers, which is kinda annoying.....

Oh and take Joust off the ****ing list, its so GD spammy its rediculous. Its pretty much a contest of who can shove more rockets down the hallway :eek:

And learn the maps guys! Was almost funny on that last match I had on Smote, the whole other team didnt know the entire map, and ended in 3-0, in our favor.....

Last edited: