[School] A Threat

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nickelass

In the Flesh?
Apr 4, 2002
Central Illinois
Visit site
on friday of last week someone at my highschool left a note somewhere saying that they were going to bring a gun to school on Monday Dec. 15th and shoot people. The same day, a drawing was found on the wall in one of the boys' bathrooms depicting a gun and a bullet and the date January 19 (at least i think it was the 19th). i am not sure whether it should be taken seriously or not. I dont know why on earth someone would say exactly when they were going to do something like that though. a lot of my friends' parents have already told them they cant go to school that day though.

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
:stupid:
Might've been a prank to get a day off. If so, those kids need to expand their vocabulary with the word 'limit', if you ask me.
If it wasn't a prank and serious, the word 'retard' would be more suitable.
Either way, idiots like these deserve to be caught, so as beer said: report it.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Sounds familiar. There were "racial fights" going on in my high school one year. Started because there was a fight, between a white guy and a black guy, and people turned it into a racial issue (it was really over some stupid thing like one stole the other's necklace). The administration, the media, and the students who liked to gossip all were to blame for that mess. Rumors were going around that on a certain date, gangs were coming up from Baltimore, Maryland (bout a half hour's drive from my hometown) with guns to shoot up people at our school.

So, that day, nobody came to school. I was there, I knew it was bullcrap. Was actually one of the more pleasant days in the year, with nobody in the halls. Until the press showed up... damn newspeople. haha.

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
Nickelass said:
on friday of last week someone at my highschool left a note somewhere saying that they were going to bring a gun to school on Monday Dec. 15th and shoot people. The same day, a drawing was found on the wall in one of the boys' bathrooms depicting a gun and a bullet and the date January 19 (at least i think it was the 19th). i am not sure whether it should be taken seriously or not. I dont know why on earth someone would say exactly when they were going to do something like that though. a lot of my friends' parents have already told them they cant go to school that day though.

Most likely a prank. If you actually intend on shooting a school up and warn people that you're going to do so, you're an idiot... well, a bigger idiot.

But that'd be the last week of term, right? You probably wouldn't have done any real work anyway. It sucks, but don't risk going.

Nickelass

In the Flesh?
Apr 4, 2002
Central Illinois
Visit site
i think i created some confusion. the note and everything was already reported by a someone. the school sent letter explainging what happened to all of the students' parents and the story even made the front page of the local newspaper. chances are i will go to school that day though since it seems more like a prank than a serious threat. also, i have heard that they are asking a whole bunch of local police officers to be at the school that day. and another wierd thing is that January 19th is Martin Luther King day and we dont even have school.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
lol surebrec you are so predictable. :p This isn't a consequence of schools being strict-structured or authoritive. If this kid did in fact do it because of that he is a moron as this is going to only make the school even more strict.

Schools have to have these rules for a reason, because kids like you surebrec would get themselfs killed and your parents would never find out why.

Luminuis

Herald of the Newest Dawn
Surebrec said:
Just a mere consequence of schools being very authoritarian and strict-structured. It may as well be a prison...

Erm. No, no not really. It's more like a consequence of the fact that teenagers today, instead of rebelling against their parents by, gee, I dunno, driving too fast or smoking cigarettes, feel that they have to continually outdo the idiots they see making the news every day.

I don't see anything relating this to the strictness of school (Which, might I add, is nothing compared to the prison that you relate it to Surebrec.) Since I can think of many stricter situations for children (Catholic Schools, which have almost no violence...I can get more with more time, though I really don't see a need.) Though, again, I do see this relating to the fact that kids typically try to outdo each other. More likely than not, this is a prank, and probably the one on the 19th was a prank making FUN of the original pranksters. Realistically, there's no point in not going to school that day, since the school knows about it, the probability of something actually happening that day is almost nill. Nickelass, you can stay home if you want, but I'd go, and take a book to read or something and enjoy the day.

Nickelass

In the Flesh?
Apr 4, 2002
Central Illinois
Visit site
i have decided that i will most likely go to school that day. from what i have heard, that day there will be more security than the school has ever seen so no one in their right mind would do anything that day. i actually think that it will be very interesting since half of the school wont be there because of all the freaked out parents. so a lot of the classes wont even be doing much. chances are the person who wrote that wont be there either, because that is the reason why he did it, just a prank to get out of school.

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
Nickelass said:
that day there will be more security than the school has ever seen so no one in their right mind would do anything that day.
I'm not suggesting anything will happen, but you think the person that would do this could be described as being in their right mind?

Nickelass

In the Flesh?
Apr 4, 2002
Central Illinois
Visit site
iolair said:
I'm not suggesting anything will happen, but you think the person that would do this could be described as being in their right mind?
thats a good point. however i dont think that the person would get the chance to do anything even if they tried. i would bet that there will not be a hallway in the school that does not have a gaurd in it. all of them are armed as well, so they could easily put a stop to any attempt that might occur. so even if someone does try something i doubt that i would be in much danger. actually, because of the fact that they said when they were supposed to do it, i feel less safe now, when the school is not prepared than i will when monday rolls around.

Nickelass

In the Flesh?
Apr 4, 2002
Central Illinois
Visit site
I hope that they do expel him. what a dumbass. didnt realize that they had caught anyone. i also wonder if he confessed or if they just figured it out somehow that he had done it. oh well, problem resolved. bet that there will still be extra security on monday though.

for anyone that was wondering Original9 and i go to the same school.

Original9

Deleted.
Jul 28, 2001
Security cameras. His long hair gave him away.

As for more security on Monday... Most likely yes, but who knows.

Nickelass

In the Flesh?
Apr 4, 2002
Central Illinois
Visit site
well i went to school and nothing happend. about 600-700 people from our school stayed home. i estimated about 90 people in my lunch. 90 people x 3 lunches = 270 give or take. there are 1050 people enrolled at my school. there was security everwhere. uniformed gaurds and some mysterious new janitors with a gun shaped bulge under their shirt. overall it was a good day though. most of my classes just slacked off and didnt do much. there were only 6 people out of a normal 20 in my algebra class. ahh, good time.