"lets just be friends"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
I just told a girl I don't want to see her unless she wants more than a plutonic relationship. She uttered the infamous "well, we can still be friends though" line. I said, "no, I have enough female 'friends' to last me a lifetime, I don't need anymore".

I almost felt mean, but then I thought to myself "she's let me ring her every night for the last 3 weeks and blow a ton of money on my phonebill", even though on the second date she didn't see me as a potential boyfriend figure. Bitch.

I can't wait for the next woman to come along, string me along for 3 weeks while I spend a fortune on her and then tell me she never saw me as a boyfriend figure in all the time I was dating her. Does life get any more fun than this?

flookster

Somewhere im not scatterbrain
Nov 7, 2002
suburbia
Visit site
That sucks TM :(

I took myself off the market quite some time ago and to be honest havent been as happy in years. I guess I just needed some "me" time. Besides adjusting my personality to suit some temporary gf was never going to work. But if you need a partner - I am sure there is one out there for you and at least you will be able to go to elan now. Silver linings. :tup:

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Wait. You wanted her as your GF, she didnt, she just wanted to be friends and now she's a bitch for liking you in a way your not happy with.

Im sorry but that sounds a little dumb.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
Deepershade, she's a bitch because she never once in the 3 weeks I've been blowing money on her saw me as a boyfriend figure.

Did she just think I was really kind? Did she think I just love spending a load of money on going to the pub and the cinema while she sits there happily with her free cinema ticket and free beer?

She took me for a ride. Plain and simple.

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
o_O

Your angry, and hurt. Its easy to believe the worst in people when you fur's ruffled. If in those 3 weeks she hasnt seen you as a boyfriend figure, why did you keep spending money on her?

Sorry man, i know it hurts but i cant see that she's entirely to blame...

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
OH NOES!!! TEH HARRISON BERGERON HAS TOOLVANA!!

TM - I have no doubt you are absolutely right about this one. Bitch may be a little strong, but no one's that naive...

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
I kept spending money on her because she gave me the wrong impressions. We'd kiss and talk and it was your typical date situation.

Look, if a girl kisses me what am I supposed to think? It's not exactly a signal that she wants a plutonic relationship is it?

JackReacher

[SAS Mod]
Oct 16, 2001
The Sanitarium
DeeperShade said:
Wait. You wanted her as your GF, she didnt, she just wanted to be friends and now she's a bitch for liking you in a way your not happy with.

Im sorry but that sounds a little dumb.

Indeed, im sure she wasnt asking you to spend money on her.

iridium

... loves Mr. Lamppost
Dec 11, 2000
UK
Sucks TM, many of us have been in this situation (or similar), I'm sure. Myself included.. Drove me literally insane.

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
Well, I've told my friends my sexual alignment; asexual
That means that until I find my true "anima", I won't bother with dating or anything.
i'll just live the free life and do whatever I want, and when I meet her, it's all gonna work out.

There's a chinese saying that when you're born, your feet are sewn to the feet of the person you're gonna marry.
So if my feet are sewn, I will meet her someday, and if they aren't, I won't.
Fatalistic, but I don't give an excrement... :B

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.