RogueLeader is going for the Gamecude!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
on a more serious note, this game looks cool! Will it be multi-platform?
roguel_screen002.jpg

[L]-Lestat

LOL? I nearly ROFLed!(IF)
Apr 4, 2001
He's behind you!
My GF brought a Gamecube back from Japan with her last time she went over, and I have to say it's damn good. The three titles (Luigi's mansion, Wave Race and Monkey ball) are all very cartoony and aimed at a younger audience, but they are all technically brilliant and have fun, addictive gameplay. Also, the GC is getting exclusive rights to the Resident Evil series.
Have you lot seen the intro FMV for Rogue Squadron? Tapdancing Stormtroopers. LMAO!

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
Ooooooh. NICE graphics...and Star Wars!! A-Wing, B-Wing, X-Wing...oh yikes, I just realized that I have all the technical stats for those memorized...I really ought to get a life.

Join the club.

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
Ha. All you lowly mortals do not yet know my full power. And besides, for every GameCube game that comes out, 5 mario games must come out, according to the evil gypsy curse placed on Nintendo so long ago.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Yes, Rogue Leader is awsome. And don't sell the Gamecube short as a kiddie-console. With stuff like Eternal Darkness coming out (has been compared to silent hill) it's going to be substantially more mature than the N64.

&

"Sp!ke"

"Ooooooh. NICE graphics...and Star Wars!! A-Wing, B-Wing, X-Wing...oh yikes, I just realized that I have all the technical stats for those memorized...I really ought to get a life."

Well, I have the Star Wars encyclopedia....memorized..:D

Too bad Rogue Leader will be a ****thy console game, and therefore have crappy controls, crappy gfx, crappy loading times, crappy savegame featue....

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
If you call that crappy graphics ... then I'd like to see what non-console-games can outshine those without requiring a megabeast of a pc at the moment ... (don't mention IL2-Sturmovik or Unreal 2/Unreal Warfare ;))

As for crappy gamesave-feature : that's up to the developers.
Project IGI & Hitman47 did have crappy save-game-features too ...

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Originally posted by "Sp!ke"
"Ooooooh. NICE graphics...and Star Wars!! A-Wing, B-Wing, X-Wing...oh yikes, I just realized that I have all the technical stats for those memorized...I really ought to get a life."

Well, I have the Star Wars encyclopedia....memorized..:D

Too bad Rogue Leader will be a ****thy console game, and therefore have crappy controls, crappy gfx, crappy loading times, crappy savegame featue....
I've been playing it for the last few days, so I can clear that up. Graphics are great. Yes a PC could do better, but that's not the point. They're still beautiful. The controls work very well, but they are very simple (that's both good and bad, I'll explain later). Loading times are great, better than most PC games, unless you have ass-loads of ram (512mb+) you're not going to beat it. GC load times in general are extremely fast compared to other consoles. The save feature is exactly as it should be. After you complete a mission, it is saved. It would ruin the difficulty of the game if you could save any time you wanted during a mission.

What I DON'T like:
  • Your wingmen are stupid. You can tell them to do something while you take care of something else, but chances are you'll end up finishing what they've started. Also you can't have them attack an enemy that's on your ass. They do pretty good at staying on you, and I just wish you could tell your wingmen to attack them
  • The game is FAAAAR simpler than the PC versions were in the past, just as the n64 versions were simple. Obviously, you can't have everything for it that you could on the PC though. I really miss being able to divert energy from one system to another, and configuring shields. Not to mention being able to customize your weapons, linkage of lasers, more control over wingmen, etc. And of course the superior control.
But I didn't get this expecting it to be the same as Xwing vs Tie fighter or any of the others. It's more of an action game than a sim, and that's fine with me. It's still a great game.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by Clayeth|BuF

The save feature is exactly as it should be. After you complete a mission, it is saved. It would ruin the difficulty of the game if you could save any time you wanted during a mission.
That's exactly the kind of thing I hate in games.
And that's exactly the kind of thing consolegames are most likely to have.
You need to finish the mission or you have to start all over again just because you made one tiny mistake :mad:
A good game makes you forget about saving in time.
A bad game relies on such artificial limits to keep it 'difficult'.