UT:XMP on TWL

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Teamwarfare.com is looking for support for the excellent UT2004 mod UT:XMP. For complete details, see the link below:

Listen up action-hungry gamers! Teamwarfare is pleased to announce upcoming competitions for Unreal Tournament: XMP.

With the release of Beta Patch 2, there is an outcry for competition for UTXMP. With your support, Teamwarfare can create and hold exciting competitions for UTXMP.

The only question is: Are you willing to show your support? Without the support of the Teamwarfare gamers, great competitions won't be able to take place. To show your support, idle #twl_utxmp on the Gamesurge network via IRC. You can also be active in the UT:XMP Forums.

You can find more information about UT:XMP and TWL by clicking here.

UnRealist

Lame_and_inaccurate_flak_ spammer!
Feb 14, 2004
Lublin, east of Poland
Whoa! At last someone sees the potential behind XMP! \o/ I just wonder if this will have enough players to commence... :rolleyes: For reasons unknown to me XMP is considered worse than ONS, even as it incorporates CTF, AS, ONS and maybe even a bit of DOM into one gametype...:cool:

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
Kifa said:
Whoa! At last someone sees the potential behind XMP! \o/ I just wonder if this will have enough players to commence... :rolleyes: For reasons unknown to me XMP is considered worse than ONS, even as it incorporates CTF, AS, ONS and maybe even a bit of DOM into one gametype...:cool:

I think it is awfully slow. But that is just my opinion. And I have heard people say that putting so much into one gametype (CTF,ONS and DOM (didn'T find AS in it)) was too much.

Good luck with the competition though... ...I hope you find enough support. :)

fuegerstef said:
I think it is awfully slow. But that is just my opinion. And I have heard people say that putting so much into one gametype (CTF,ONS and DOM (didn'T find AS in it)) was too much.

Good luck with the competition though... ...I hope you find enough support. :)

Other games are incorporating XMP style of game play thou too. With the still buggy version of UTXMP, I don't think it's the best time for a TWL. However, if you can get around the 'exit car to your death' bug, it would be a lot better. Either way, i'll sign up.

UnRealist

Lame_and_inaccurate_flak_ spammer!
Feb 14, 2004
Lublin, east of Poland
OK, AS is not there but anyway I think that the more complex a gametype is, the more fun you get from it (there is not always time to play a few matches of different types...). But that's just my opinion... :rolleyes:

As for speeds - this game is supposed to be slow, I really can't imagine playing it with the speed of UT2k4 - mines and turrets would have no right to exist... :rolleyes:

As for bugs - there are not as many as it seems, "exit your car to death" and "unable to spawn" are annoying, but OTOH - in real life if you exit your car at full speed you won't look good anyway... ;) And in XMP if you stop then you will not die. SPawnbug can be bypassed by switching teams for a moment - you are not loosing your score by that and you can spawn. :D

But it may be to early to organise compos for XMP, I'd wait for final version...

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
Kifa said:
As for speeds - this game is supposed to be slow, I really can't imagine playing it with the speed of UT2k4 - mines and turrets would have no right to exist... :rolleyes:

I know, and I wasn'T bashing the gametype. I was only expressing my personal feelings.
That's why I wished them the best of luck.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
The Jackal-XMP said:
Other games are incorporating XMP style of game play thou too. With the still buggy version of UTXMP, I don't think it's the best time for a TWL. However, if you can get around the 'exit car to your death' bug, it would be a lot better. Either way, i'll sign up.

Yeah. Can you say "Conquest"?

Anyways, I'm hoping that patch 2a will fix the nastiest of bugs that are still around, leaving patch 2b and later to deal with balance issues.

At least, that's my hope. Who knows if that's the way reality will go.

But its nice to see that there's some "early adopter" support going for it in the competitive scene.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Some of the clans that are active in TWL for other gametypes are kicking around the idea of starting up a team.

I'd be interested in playing just for something different. I've only played it 2 or 3 times, but I'd play to learn and help the game get off the ground.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
maybe we can field a BU XMP team :)

I would hope to see the respawn bug and other annoyances patched out before competitive play begins (having to re-select your team and face the possibility of getting kicked over to the other side doesn't seem to be conducive to match play), but I'm still thrilled to see new life in XMP! The gametype was too good to die with Legend.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
How come they're having to rally support for UTXMP? I thought everyone was looking forward to it, last I heard
wtf.gif

[xF]PR3D470R

My Vengeance Is Everlasting
Jan 20, 2004
KC
Nemephosis said:
How come they're having to rally support for UTXMP? I thought everyone was looking forward to it, last I heard
wtf.gif

Primarily because UTXMP is not competition worthy yet.

sp3tt

Jun 19, 2005
NegativeTrend said:
Yeah I agree, that HUD is too messed up for competitive play. ;)
PS that was a joke.

It's not a joke imho!

And about the exit car to your death and reality, can you spell unreal? ;)