Rifles, Pistols, Explosions, and the like in Multi

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smint

Nov 14, 1999
California
OK. Many people post messages about weapons in this forum. I understand completey (After all, it IS a run and gun game.)

But overall, I believe splash radius guns are the best in multiplayer. (At least guns w/ fairly big radius)

I was playing CTF in CTF-Face and I realized that sniping with a 56K modem did not show with great results. Enforcers didn't do much either. At first, I was running around, wielidng the deadly sniper rifle and dying. Then I opted for the rocket launcher and it did somewhat well as it's powerful. Finally, I opted to switching between Shocker/Rocket/Redeemer. This is how I came out victorious each time.

------------------
"A war is not decided by who is right, only by who is left."

BeZerKeR

Feb 12, 2000
hometown.aol.com
i run a 56k modem and i see your point, but that ain't gonna stop me from usin my DBL. enforcers heh heh

BANG! BANG!

bullet2.gif

"Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows...
...nor do I"
"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

BeZerKeR

Feb 12, 2000
hometown.aol.com
and yes i like wh40k. the enforcers are just like bolt pistols. I think that's why i like em so much...

bullet2.gif

...nor do I"

Smint

Nov 14, 1999
California
oh. Thanks for the info. Anyway...DBL Enforcers remind me of The Matrix/Replacement Killers, which were cool movies.

BeZerKeR

Feb 12, 2000
hometown.aol.com
try playin double enforcers on DM-MATRIXED. it's all your favorite scenes of the matrix on one map. blast "spybreak" by the propellerheads and your golden.

LOOK MA!!! I'M NEO! I'M NEO!

bullet2.gif

...nor do I"

Mystik64

Feb 3, 2000
www.mystikal64.cjb.net
All depends on how my connection speed is: if it's working well, I can't stay off the flak cannon. With a slower connection, it's still good, but I just love those good old six rockets. Oh, and of course, the best weapon really is the redeemer if you're in a fortress or something.

bullet2.gif

What's my name, B****!

Smint

Nov 14, 1999
California
Yeahit's cool but wouldn't it be cool if you could play and play like the scene where morpheus and neo are in the dojo?

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
This thread's title reminded me of something. I was running over top of the blackened explosion decal of a redeemer blast on the floor in Deck16, when I noticed my mighty Athlon shuddered a bit. I went back and forth over it a few times just to check. Must be lots of polys in those decals!

ThunderGod

Feb 22, 2000
www.jonspace.com
HEY BERZERKER-

First off, they're nothing like bolt pistols. Bolt pistols fire small guided rockets that bury themselves in the target and detonate. :p (All in jest! All in jest!) BTW- I run a 40k site at JonSpace.com. Sorry, no Chaos. Drop me a line if you'd like to contribute, tho...

Second- for those who love the Dual Enforcer and wanna be Neo:

Use the map DM-Morpheus, get your dual enforcers (with the mod or not), go into the console and type "slomo".... NOW you're Neo! Type "slomo " to get rid of it...

BTW- who thinks that Epic, in the next patch, hould make it so that when you wield dual enforcers, your mesh actually wields dual enforcers and the modify the animations... How AWESOME would that be?

bullet2.gif

--------------------
Lord Kerberos, the ThunderGod
"And when you kill a man, you're a murderer;
Kill many, and you're a conqueror;
Kill them all, you're a god!"

MKUltra

Feb 22, 2000
Visit site
Hey ThunderGod...I have been thinking that for some time now....that would be the jam!!

It is a strategic advantage to know if someone is holding one or two enforcers also, twice the threat level and all.

bullet2.gif

A day without fusion is like a day without sunshine.

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
hu, that just happens to be a place where there are LOTS of polys around anyway. Plus, decals are really memory intensive. It was probably your vid card stuttering, not your Athlon.
There are logging proggys that will tell you how much your CPU is taxed by specific apps. I think I'll find one and try it tonight.
*makes a To Do entry in his brand new HandSpring Visor™ Deluxe*

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM