Tips on improving performance?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
I've been trying to tweak Unreal Tournament to get the best performance with the best visual quality, and I was just wondering if anyone has any tips? Should I enable Video Memory? Vsync? Volumetric Lighting? I've tried enabling Video Memory and it makes UT run a lot faster, but it crashes every time I try to quit.

-Keiichi

------------------
If the past is an idea that can only occur in the here-and-now, and the future is also just a concept happening strictly in the present, is there really a past and future? Or just a continuum of present moments?

devilm0nkey

Apr 26, 2000
Visit site
What kind of video card do you have? If you are in D3D there are a few things that'll help alot that i've been playing with,D3D is inherantly slower than 3dfx glide no matter what you do. I am running a k-6 500, 128 megs ram and a rage fury and i cannot get past 35fps no matter what i do, but the game is playable and that's all i care about.