Why Are We Ignored!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
I'm kind of irked right now, so if you're not in the mood for a rant, piss off :D

There are so many good things that have come from INF, but there are many problems too. There are the suggestion forums, and that's all well and good, <b>if the team reads or aknowledge those suggestions</b>. Obviously, this is targeted at Warren's (no longer)weekly update. Warren: It's been 5 months. Seriously. PLEASE TAKE 30 MINUTES AND SAY SOMETHING!!! Why should we waste our breath debating subjects and topics regarding this game if we don't have any confirmation that our pleas are being heard? Why should we stick around? We post our strong beliefs in wanting to see this game get better, we argue for them, bitch and flame, and for what? Nothing.

In other mods, this is often the norm. In Infiltration, there used to be excelent communication both ways about what was happening with INF. You had the roadmap :tup:, a very Good Thing. There was InfRadio :tup:. The weekly update adressed issues people had with the game, in a timely manner :tup::tup:. Now all that is gone. The community has problems, and we turn to you for your support and reassurance the next version is not going to have the gameplay problems we have now. Until communication happens, you will loose out in the end. Every club, community, family, or nation on this earth that did not use communication did not thrive. Those who did, like the Incas, rose to great heights. Please, please, please, please, return to doing the Weekly updates. Repost the roadmap, in any form.

Don't keep the community in the dark. You'll loose out in the end.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Oh, you reminded me of the roadmap. *sniff* I used to gaze longingly at the bullet points, chuckling at the remarkably out of date information, and imagining the game modes it so tantilizingly hinted at.

I think I'm going to cry myself to sleep now. Thanks Keg.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Why should we waste our breath debating subjects and topics regarding this game if we don't have any confirmation that our pleas are being heard?

Because things have recently gotten much busier in development circles. This is a serious mod team. And we take good suggestions seriously.

Most of the time the suggestions circling through the forum are ones we've heard before, ones that are obvious or ones we simply don't want.

Suggestions for new weapons(recent offenders being the SG552, P239, SSG3000, M1911A1 and Steyr Scout), mines, NVGs, vehicles and so forth. Such things that are so obviously essential in a mod of this type needen't be said. Why waste time talking about it when we can do it? Some of these things are already planned and have been mentioned in previous forum discussions. To pass over posts on topics that have been cleared before seems to be in one's best interests to save on development time and unneeded stress. I'm quite weary of having to explain why we're not going to implement Duplex/taped mags.

There are posts that we don't even want to respond to (Yes, we can do that. We're only human after all.).

It's not worth the effort trying to reply to posts such as those entitled "Stupid Stupid drum" and "Fix the flipping sights"(which by the way, if we COULD have already fixed we would have.).

Remember, this is not our day job. We're not getting anything for it. We're grateful your support but we simply cannot BE everywhere at once.

It can be downright frustrating having to make rounds at the forums every so often, because the longer we leave it, the more messages crop up. Some members have given up going to the forums entirely because it's just too stressful.

Suggestions that are well and truly good and that we haven't thought of before will be recognised. I garauntee you that we'll never turn a blind eye to the community.

So please, let us do our business the way we must. In whatever the end result may be, you guys will still end up the winners.

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
What he said. To add to it though, your ideas do get in, if they're good ones. We may not shout it from the rooftops, but that's just because I'm not allowed on the roof anymore. You'll se something in 2.87 that I KNOW you'll like a lot, and it's a strong suggestion of the community, pantaloons.

See if you can guess what it is.

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
Originally posted by funkstylz
We may not shout it from the rooftops, but that's just because I'm not allowed on the roof anymore.
I think this means the official policy is keeping the future development as secret.

Hm... that may be good in some ways. For instance, surprises. I like surprises. ;)

Only one thing I want to add -- do it right, or don't do it. I see INFiltration being so promising -- such a great team and a great project, if spoiled by some minor bugs when implementing new features, which I think the only one problem existed in previous versions, will be a great pity. New features are exactly what you can show off your talent and creativity. Refining is necessary, but doesn't count as much as new features to the public; when adding something new, don't let new features fail.

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by ShakKen

It's not worth the effort trying to reply to posts such as those entitled "Stupid Stupid drum" and "Fix the flipping sights"(which by the way, if we COULD have already fixed we would have.).

If something as basic as the sight alignment on the weapon models can't be fixed, will someone please explain why I'm wasting my time here. Realistically I expect an weapon I use to have sights that actually point in the direction the gun is going to fire in. If your telling me that you can get it right for the M9 but you can't for any other weapon in the game then I might as well find something more beneficial to do with my time. Also if someone had taken the time to say that in the thread then everyone's time could have been saved.

Sights that WORK are a basic requirment in any game thats using them, else its all down to guesswork.

Shakken I think you've just put the nail into the coffin as far as INF is concerned for me.

Last edited:

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Tiffy: The sights will be fixed once we find a way to do it or make a compromise.

Right now the sights will be distorted severely if they're moved any closer to the screen while leaning.

In order to fix the alignment, we must first fix the model's appearance, otherwise we'll have to do the entire bloody thing over and over again.

One ****ing thing at a time damnit.

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
I'll tell you my take on it...

I could care less. After a release I install my inf, then play, play, and play some more. I post messages at work and play inf at night.

If you, the DEV TEAM want to go 6 months without telling us anything, thats fine with me. I could care less as long as I know you guys are working on it. Its called faith, I have faith you guys will work on it, fix the things that need to be fixed and make the game better each time. I won't take part in the "tell us whats goin on" or "when is v2.xx coming out?!?!?!?!" threads. Other than what I am saying now.

Backoff guys, give the team some room. Have faith in their abilities, their dedication and their goals. They will tell us of important news when there is a need to do so!

gnat

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
Tiffy, a question. Did this mod cost you anything?

No, it didn't, the team produces this mod in their own free time, for your entertainment and their reward is people like you bitching about how it 'isn't good enough'

Yes, it has problems, but it isn't complete, it's a work in progress. Give them a break or don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
First Shakken

Sorry we appear to be at cross purposes. I realise the sights can't be easily brought back nearer the 'face' that isn't what I was asking in my original thread. The sights for all weapons bar the m9 aren't aligned correctly. The M9 shoots sweet when holding the corredt sight picture but the M16 shoots low and the SIG shots low and left. All I want is the sights aligned so when poor ex-proffesionals pick a weapon up and then aim with the correct sight picture we don't wind up dead due to the sights inaccuracies. I get sick of carefully aiming at some bod whos not even aware of my presence only to miss and be shot from 100m away by the same guy using his weapon from the hip. Call me old fasion if you like but that doesn't happen IRL. If its something that the team is aware of then an acknowledgement would have been nice.

Has the team though of making a list of issues they are aware of, possible with an indication of whether its going to be addressed in the short, long or indefinate period. It would help keep people informed, and an informed camper is a happy camper.

Next G-Fresh

This 'game' has cost me the price of Unreal in hard cash and a considerable amount of my all to little time. I too am giving up MY free time to add my experience and knowledge to this project. If you'd rather I joined the ranks of the great unwashed masses who could give a flying f*** about this mod thats fine by me. Something I do notice about these boards is how few actual real live Soldiers are prepared to post here. People lioke you are usually self appinionated, 'I know all there is', book quoting idiots who would know real life if it came a bit you on your arse.

I am sick and tired of people who think they know better, belittleing people on these boards. This is probably the most hostile and negative BBS I have ever had the misfortune to be involved with and to be quite honest I often question exactly why I should try and help ungreatful little sh1ts like you.

Why don't you do US a favour and don't let the dorr hit you on the arse as YOU leave.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
ShakKen: Why set up a system of aknowledging our suggestions that have be *PROCESSED* when it is never taken care of? That's what DarkBLS's job was, to weed out the distressing and/or pointless posts, and only give you guys the good ones. We're curious as to how you are going about fixing problems we encounter, problems that detriment gameplay and teamwork which Warren said expicitly is important to him! You get posts like STUPID STUPID DRUM when people are abusing the system. Posts like the drum post only get there when people play and play and play, suggest and suggest and suggest, and see no reaction from the team, no indication that this is being addressed, or even that they aknowldege the problem!

The players are human too. If problems aren't being fixed or made clear to the community that the team KNOWS there are problems, then what are we to think? The community wants Infiltration to be all it can be just as much as the team does.

The RA mutator is the ultimate example of what happens when we are ignored. Yurch went ahead and made a <b>full gameplay mutator</b> because INF wasn't playing right! When something like that happens, and servers that run RA are almost always full of players, then the team really needs to reconcider their commitment and communication with the community. I have come to love RA not only because of the play cycle but because Yurch responds almost immediately if there's a problem. Then he aknowledges it, and fixes it, and gets it back out there.

Remember: I just want ANY form of feedback. DarkBLS does a good job weeding out the idiots and the repetitive suggestions from the pool of idiots, so why not just worry about those?

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
1st off: Infiltration (not UT) is the funnest game I have ever played. It is still the funnest game. It garners about 90% of my gaming time.

2nd: It's free.

3rd: The Infiltration team has been absolutely awesome concerning communication with this community. No, they are not perfect. Yes, sometimes there are dry spells. But if you look at the overall level of communication, it is fantastic.

4th: Tiffy, you say these forums suck. You say ShakKen "put the nail in the coffin" on Inf for you and you're wasting your time playing it. You say your God's gift to these forums because of your knowledge.

If you don't like the game or the mod team, and don't like the forums, then go away man. We certainly don't need your "knowledge". Rest assured that Inf will continue without it.

Now everyone please put everything back into perspective and calm down.

ShakKen, if "Warren's Weekly Update" is not possible, you guys should get rid of it. It only creates false expectations and disappointment.