UE2 - UT2kX Prerequisites to release a map ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shark999

Jul 15, 2012
Hello !

I've been working on a Killing Floor map for months and now it is THE moment, where I am 99% ready to release it !

But first, I sent the map to some friends so that they could do some "beta testing" for me, and they told me they couldn't launch the map properly, because of some missing files.

I noticed that I had to send an .ucl file of the map, but also an .int file of it, but I just found the .ucl.

How am I supposed to create that .int ?

Another important question : When releasing a map, what are the important files to send to make it work properly ?

Thanks.

Apr 11, 2006
.int files are just text files with the .int extension.

I don't know exactly how to automatically generate these files from KF / UnrealEd. Ultimately, if your copy of KF is able to run the map (from the game executable) then those files are not necessary for others to run the map either.

However it's entirely possible you've got other dependencies that other clients don't have (e.g. unique Textures / Static Meshes / etc.).

If you *really* need an .int file, try opening up an existing map's .int file and look in there. Basically all it has is information on the music, the map description, and text messages displayed for use triggers.

Shark999

Jul 15, 2012
I got to make new textures and meshes for this map, I guess I have to put the textures and static meshes files with the map ?

DrStyropore

Nov 19, 2011
I had some similar problems.Basically when I make a map and give it somebody,it wouldn't work for some reason.After some time,I found a cause of this. Hypothetically,every time I opened some texture pack,it was kind of "remembered" somewhere by some file.Even if I never used a texture from that certain pack in the map,even if I just viewed it,the map in game later asks for that pack.So I learned this: Every file you open during mapping process has to be included later in your final release,no matter you used content in it or not..So when I work on a map,I prepare all content needed,and don't touch other files.Just ones I examined and seen that it contains all I need for my map.So the answer to the first post would be ... all files you opened during mapping needs to be included (no matter if you just viewed them and didn't used them)..

I got to make new textures and meshes for this map, I guess I have to put the textures and static meshes files with the map ?

Yes,you have to,if you used them,and if you viewed them,and especially if that files are some custom other ones than the ones that came with the game itself.Custom stuf must be included for map to work on other people's computers.That's a standard.