Will UC tempt you to buy an X-box?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Amanda

Banned
Nov 10, 2001
Institution
Sir Brizz, I would appreciate if you lay off of him and stop "First of all"ing him as if he were a child. He know's what he's talking about. I really can't come up with an explanation for him seeing as how I'm not totally sure about what kind of MOBO he has, but I do know that you were a bit harsh on him. Maybe he made a typo or something. I dunno, haven't been able to talk to him much today because he worked his ass off and is sleeping right now. Just lay off of him, will ya?

Last edited:

BringItDown

Jun 13, 2003
MandaLand
www.bringitdown.net
Well obviously my 8 year old dell with an 800mhz cpu was an exageration. But its probably about 4 years old. I figured this thread had to be old because anyone who has any brains in their head realizes that the stuff he said is retarded. And not to mention that even if it was a year old that its still a bunch of crap because xbox graphics were outdone when the xbox was released. Also to say that your playing games on a monitor (your tv) with horrible res and definition. Compared to a modern day computer monitor.

Listen im not bashing consoles. Im just saying that pc's always beat consoles when graphics are concerned.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Hey I just want to say I completely agree with you. I don't appreciate consoles as much as I appreciate my PC that is for sure. I would MUCH rather play any game on my PC than on my XBox. Fortunately, I have both and can pick and choose, I have learned the hard way that some games are just plain better on a console than on a PC...games like "Enter The Matrix" that were obviously meant to be played on consoles...not the PC. Also there are other games, like Halo, that don't make it to PC in time to be good (IMO of course).

But anyways, the point is that I mostly agree with you :p

And I apologize if I sounded harsh. I wasn't in the right mood to respond to you but I did anyways. Sorry to you also Amanda.

Amanda

Banned
Nov 10, 2001
Institution
Know what's fun? When you come out of that cave next to the waterfall in your wart hog and you go driving off the cliff at full speed and hit X right as you're going off it and you free fall. I do that a lot since when you exit the cave you are at check point. :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
hahah that is great. I also like on one of the snow levels you can steal the banshee before they fly it and go to places that you aren't suposed to get to yet! :)

G0thic Chief

Holy Sh*t
Feb 16, 2005
In the Unreal world...
i bought a xbox this xmas because of the great year it will have.
UC2
Advent Rising
SC: CT
Pariah
WM21
Conker
Jade Empire
Forza
etc
etc

But of course one of the main reasons why i bought it was because of unreal games

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
At least four out of those eight games will hit PC. Before or at the same time as their XBox counterparts.

menelik_seth

a.k.a 'Youngblood'
Should I wait to get the Xbox Xenon? I was told it may be coming out in October, and I'm not a rich dude... nor would I care to buy something that may be obsolete in a few months.

The only reason I would ever get the Xbox is to play UC2. Is there any word on the possibility of a PC port? Cuz I would definitely get that instead. If not, what you guys think?

Should I buy the Xbox now just to play UC2? Or should I hold onto my hard earned greenbacks and wait till the Xbox next comes out in a few months... Then get that and UC2 for it?

*confused*

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Well someone could quite easily mod it into UT2004, and it would probably be pretty cool, but extremely unpopular as usual. If you want to actual play online, Xbox will be the way to go.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
UC2 is designed, optimised and 'all that' for the xbox, so get one for that game if you want.. you could probably get on for a hundred bucks somewhere.

Xbox360 will be out for christmas, hopefully, and will likely have the usual console price tag of £500 or so.

Hopefully it'll be backwardly compatable though :)

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
edhe said:
Hopefully it'll be backwardly compatable though :)

Everything I've seen and read has said it would NOT be badwards compatable. My primary source is OXM, but I've also seen it in a few other places.

Also, I get the feeling that it will not be released before the end of the year. That's just a hunch. ;)

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
No backwards compatability is... stupid...

If Sony managed it for ps2 then why can't MS?

But then ps3 is unknown i think, for backward compatability.