Why are they still giving licenses to people this old?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Kyllian said:
How the fsck can you be "unaware" you hit a fscking person?! >_<
And do they not have negligent homicide in Florida, or something?

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Arethusa said:
And do they not have negligent homicide in Florida, or something?
The man drove 3 miles before a toll booth operator realized he had a dead body in his windshield
3 miles

It's one thing to be negligent, it's another to be oblivious

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
When I'm ninety-three - I'm going to execute every person on my 'list-of-people-I-think-should've-been-aborted' list.

Once the cops catch me in the act - covered in the blood of my enemies - I'll just shrug my shoulders and say:

'Niggaz! I'm ninety-three!'

We'll all share a jolly gut-laugh - and that'll be the end of it.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
"Police found the victim's leg in the street at the scene of the accident."

He drove at warp 4.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Same thing happened to my brother driving a motorcycle. His jacket, helmets boots had loads of reflectors - lights and winker where turned on and it was early evening - not really dark yet.

That old morron crashed into him from behind, shot the bike into an opposing traffic and kept driving for half a mile. He returned like 10 minutes later to the accident and wondered wether my brother fell off his motorcycle...(claimed he didn't recognize anything)

My brother was very lucky since he just fell to the pavement (opposite site than the bike went) and had no serios injuries.

The bike and the opposing car where completely junk - overall damage > $15.000.

But the point isn't not to give old graybeards a license (since they infact wouldn't get one if they were just getting started) but to take it away from those who fail some sort of checkup

Last edited:

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
The reason they can still get there licenses is simple - votes. That age group is becoming the largest voting demographic in the country. If you were a politician would stand up and try to take there licenses. That age group is also very effective in moblizing so you would have a hell of a hard time in an election.

Saying that there needs to be some testing for renewal of licenses. I have heard of such an effort but have no idea where that stands and in what states.

The thing is though it should not only be that age group. Hell I have seen 90 year old drivers better than many 20 year olds.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
As far as I know it is only that age group who don't realise they have been in an accident until 3 miles later. With the younger generation, the problem is attitude.

They are planning on implementing a 5-yearly 'check-up' instead of the current 50 years over here - while I think it is a good idea, there's no way they will do it because of the way so many people are dependant on their cars over here.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
I'd like to say the idea of testing for license renewal is good, but I don't want to be wrong.

Ideally, yes, it'd be nice. People would know how to drive. Problem is that the tests are already useless. More tests means more bureaucracy and more uselessness and more wasted money; the American DMV has already proven itself fantastically ill equipped to deal with reality, and I suspect the same is true elsewhere. I know plenty of absolutely horrible drivers who've gotten their licenses very easily. I, on the other hand, and am probably the best driver out of all the people I know (personally; I know a number of people over the internet who would, almost certainly, easily hand me my ass), and I would probably stand a fair chance of failing such a test.

(SDS)benmcl

May 13, 2002
Visit site
For me I know I am a bad driver and doubt even with practice I would get any better. That is why I do not have license. I will have to get one some time due to a varity of reason but am not looking forward to it.

Nightmare

Only human
Sep 23, 2001
Finland
Visit site
Mandatory check-ups are fine, but they're not worth anything unless the doctor can tell the authorities to suspend your driver's license. Pesky things like doctor-patient confidentiality and stuff tends to get in the way. If the doctor only writes out a statement for you there's nothing to stop you from going to the next doctor, until one gives you a positive report.

(SDS)benmcl

May 13, 2002
Visit site
In Ontario a doctor can very easily pull your license for anythign medical related. The big one being blacking out and seziers (sp).