Weird Maps That Don't Appear on NC3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Unreal Tournament is basically more on the online genre than single player. Everytime you go battle online, you go to some server that usually requires the content to be downloaded. I went to some Monster Hunt server yesterday (forgot the name) to see some map called "MH-Sushi" where you have to jump over floating masses of Japanese food. The whole place was basically one big room with a rather weird looking texture. We were all (all 10 of us) enjoying the server's maps until someone voted for that MH-Sushi. After a few minutes I went into MH-Sushi, it was already too late. I noticed that everyone else had left all pissed off from the silly rice-wine jumps. Only me and some guy called Mighty_Joe were left. By the time I noticed, I spent a whole phr43kin' 1 hour trying to jump over floating masses of food in a 10240 (estimation) -sized room.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Sigh.. yeah .. monsterhunt has its share of horrible maps :hmm:
I downloaded a huge mappack once. From a japanese site (morbid curiousity, I already had a bad feeling about it).

There were about 70 maps I think. In all honesty, most of those maps just didn't make sense. Both ugly, in looks and gameplay (so to speak).
The worst of the pack were the godz maps. Or sake-yotoramake. Be glad you haven't seen that pile of horse**** yet.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
You'd be surprised...

Oh yeah, I forgot mentioning the "the gauntlet" maps.
They're also much worse than Sushi.
Imagine playing in ugly-as-hell box rooms (which are unlit iirc), against "extremily" powered up monsters (some shoot warheadmissiles).
Plain stupid, these maps.

It's either their authors were 7-year olds or they never really played Monster Hunt thoroughly yet. There's also this map called MH-CircleofPain. Three of us spent 45 minutes in a big room with only one light which doesn't even touch the ceiling. All monsters (in our sight) have been defeated but there's one Fly hiding in the dark ceiling. One of the guys even said "Let's try coming back to the server after two hours."

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
lmao.. sounds like another "must-have map".

:-/

The following MH maps are good though:

- Great escape maps (though but among the best)
- barrier
- Kittara
- Demons

These are the ones I've enjoyed playing most...

I have Kittara though I only got to play it online once. I forgot the name of one map I liked. It was some sort of mine and prison in which you had to escape. Every portion of the map was detailed enough making you feel like you want to bite the little chunks of crystals on the boulders right off. Then there was one map I saw in a server owned by some clan where the music was driving me crazy. It was an Egyptian-Babylon themed map where "parades" of monsters suddenly appear out of nowhere which takes you ten minutes to defeat.

In fact, by the time you finish the map (when alone), you'll have about 3000 frags.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
GTD-Carthage said:
I have Kittara though I only got to play it online once. I forgot the name of one map I liked. It was some sort of mine and prison in which you had to escape. Every portion of the map was detailed enough making you feel like you want to bite the little chunks of crystals on the boulders right off. Then there was one map I saw in a server owned by some clan where the music was driving me crazy. It was an Egyptian-Babylon themed map where "parades" of monsters suddenly appear out of nowhere which takes you ten minutes to defeat.

In fact, by the time you finish the map (when alone), you'll have about 3000 frags.

The mine map is converted from the mappack "peril on mars": single player.
Tbh.. the original map(s) is/are more fun.
But the mh-conversions are not that bad.

The second map is mh-shootingguys right?
I've played it, ended up being bored to death. No variation in the gameplay, constantly the same.. same.. same thing. Various of creaturefactories all over the friggin' place, spawning a small army of monsters for a certain period of time.
Rince, repeat. Rince, repeat. Rince, repeat.

Hey, situations like these can be fun.. when used correctly. Try tges6 (the great escape 6). Heh, it's a though map. But it flows.

Edit: Just checked that monsterhunt mappack.

It has 131 maps!!!

121 for monsterhunt, and 10 for monster arena.

Last edited:
NeoNite said:
The mine map is converted from the mappack "peril on mars": single player.
Tbh.. the original map(s) is/are more fun.
But the mh-conversions are not that bad.

The second map is mh-shootingguys right?
I've played it, ended up being bored to death. No variation in the gameplay, constantly the same.. same.. same thing. Various of creaturefactories all over the friggin' place, spawning a small army of monsters for a certain period of time.
Rince, repeat. Rince, repeat. Rince, repeat.

Hey, situations like these can be fun.. when used correctly. Try tges6 (the great escape 6). Heh, it's a though map. But it flows.

Edit: Just checked that monsterhunt mappack.

It has 131 maps!!!

121 for monsterhunt, and 10 for monster arena.
Yep, that was MH-ShootingGuys alright... to make matters worse, there was the Cat Rifle mutator which had an annoying looking demi-human feline on the rifle's side. Say, where did you find the 131-map map-pack?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
It's called Monsterhunt_fullset_utj (ut japan)

Found it here:

Monsterhunt mappack

126.50 mb

-> First you'll see an excite site, with japanese writing.
Soon afterwards, it'll redirect to the english version.

Go the download section (left)

Last edited:
Wow... nice site... I wonder what kind of mislead fates moderate that site... anyways, I just finished another game of MH and some guy wanted me kicked out for nothing. I hate it when that happens. Tactless and disrespectful I call it. They don't seem to desserve to be in the Tournament.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
On which server did this happen ?
Once there was this powerhungry admin (he was appointed to the position of admin, not the server owner...)
An idiot. He ended one map early, proclaiming himself to be the winner. He didn't even play the damn map, except for summoning monsters at the start :rolleyes:

Then he switched to tges6, and started summoning redeemers and supershockrifle.
He started shooting people with both guns, ghosting around the level.

Totally screwed up the game...

I called him an idiot (Maybe something worse, I can't remember. I was kinda pissed off at the end), and left before he could figure out how to kick me. As if I'd have given the motard that pleasure.

If there's one good monsterhunt server, it's 3's monsterhunt. Unfortunately, 3 tends to run more co-op games instead of MH.

But if 3 runs monsterhunt, it's for 1 or 2 weeks. It's on the highest skill setting, so get ready for a beating...

And no crap maps. Another huge advantage. (except for that mh-lava monstrosity...Never understood why 3 included that thing)

That guy must be a total nut. I wonder how he got appointed admin anyway in the first place. I remember this ad about being admin for only a few bucks a month. Maybe the guy paid a lot to torture some players? Malicious fiend. :mad:
There's some mutators I wanna get from this Death's Server in MH. The TGE or whatever weapons were those. I really liked the Nuker with it's rather over-effective right-click. Not to get off-topic though, I saw a map called MH-SkyLand. Though the whole place was unlit, I like the theme of having islands float in the sky. The problem in there was the lack of details and lighting. The brushes were just a huge mixture of messy simple shapes.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
GTD-Carthage said:
That guy must be a total nut. I wonder how he got appointed admin anyway in the first place. I remember this ad about being admin for only a few bucks a month. Maybe the guy paid a lot to torture some players? Malicious fiend. :mad:
There's some mutators I wanna get from this Death's Server in MH. The TGE or whatever weapons were those. I really liked the Nuker with it's rather over-effective right-click. Not to get off-topic though, I saw a map called MH-SkyLand. Though the whole place was unlit, I like the theme of having islands float in the sky. The problem in there was the lack of details and lighting. The brushes were just a huge mixture of messy simple shapes.

About the ad: That was probably for Skillz deathcamp.