Aliens vs Predator 2 Multiplayer demo Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
&

"Sp!ke"

That reminds me "Aliens" (the movie:D ) is on in an hour...

ANUBIS199

Jun 3, 2001
Visit site
I get that too, very annoying.

I really dont like what they have done to the poor alien, that pounce is cool but VERY hard to line up right in a mulitplayer game. That and the tail attack just sucks, it takes 7 hits to drop a marine with it, lame.

ANUBIS

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
7 hits! Ohh pogwash, when will they make a game after the movie? the <i>real</i> Xenomorph, and not just what the game style they want now calls for.

I want to play a game where one Xenomorph can take out the entire crew of a ship, and if you play as a USCM, and get killed, you would take controll of someone else on the ship.

Many would die, Alien style! I want to relive the movie, and the universe it created, not just another FPS style game with its trivial rules, AvP just fell short of this, AvP2 seems to miss by a mile.

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
I like this a lot, the alien's pounce is fookin smart. It ain't the most stable game I've ever played though, they'll have to fix that before I part with my cash when it's released

Mr. Apocalypse

My brain must be broken
Oct 16, 2001
Everywhere but here or there
This game is alright.....the aliens need to run a lot faster! The new perditor shoulder cannon sucks and so far you cant go into stealth mode. The humans are way to powerful when you consider these two thing, they only thing they dont have are the outlines one the other players, which isnt important anyway because the only map in the demo is during the day and you can see everything fine. Look for my dedicated server sometime, that is when i can teach my brother to NOT SHUT OFF THE SERVER (his computer) EVER FIVE MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o yea my servers name is "Mr.Apocalypse's Dedicated(cable)" but i wont be up for a day or two, getting a new hub =)

RiotChild

Apr 17, 2001
clansma.cjb.net
Lets all clap and thank Shakken for his constructive criticism. :rolleyes:

ANUBIS199, the tail whip is primarily used to temporarily paralyze the victim. Then you can tear him apart with your claws :D

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
AvP may have been a fun game, but apart from bearing its name, and trying to look a bit like it, it had NOTHING to do with Aliens, i stand 100% behind Shakken on that.

AvP totally compomised the theme in the name of gameplay, and yes, that is a bad thing, they should have made the gameplay acordingly to the theme, not distort the theme inorder to favour a seartain form of gameplay.

When you buy a Starwars themed game, what do you want from it? you want Starwars! AvP was fun, and im sure AvP2 will be aswell, but its not Alien, i want Alien!

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
w3rd ShakKen.

I hated AvP, I didn't understand how anyone could enjoy such a poor game. I'm downloading the AvP demo now and preparing for dissapointment.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
How faithfully could you possibly expect a crossover to stick to the original theme?

I'll comment on this after I try it.

(I haven't played the original and cannot comment on that)

Dec 18, 2000
home.hot.rr.com
I love the multi demo for AvP2. I don't really care if follows the aliens universe so I guess I'm lucky . :D The aliens are great, a little slow as others have commented but they're still fun (they can still leap a little over half the distance of the demo map though). The demo map didn't really have any good "ambush spots" for aliens but I'm sure the retail version will have some. If not it's supposed to ship with an editor so... :)

The full version is supposed to have some interesting gametypes also. One scenario has the Marians trying to get out of a base with only one life and the aliens have several respawns each. I'm looking forward to slaughtering some Marians as they try to make it out.