TournamentWeapon question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BondJamesBond

Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Hello to all, and thanks for reading this.

I have a weapon mesh that is in my mod, and it shoots/reloads just fine, if it weren't for one problem...

:morety: When I run up to a wall, my weapon is "cut up" the level geometry! I've tried setting the CollisionRadius and CollisionHeight, but it still gets cut the same way!

Anybody got an idea?
-Rainbow Six

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Lower its PlayerViewOffset X to make the gun not stick out as far. Then it won't stick into the level.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
If you keep the X, Y, and Z axes and PlayerViewScale in proportion it'll look the same.

BondJamesBond

Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Not so...

PlayerViewScale only lets you control the overall scale of the mesh. (X, Y, and Z are always equal.) The PlayerViewOffset does change the position of the mesh. That juz dun't werk. :)

My first-person mesh has a DrawScale of SEVEN! When you see the gun in the first-person view, it looks like the right size, but in reality it has been scaled up to 256x128x128 ! When Unreal draws it, the gun gets cut off by the level geometry before it visually reaches the wall!! (Abstract enough?)

MY SOLUTION: Set the CollisionRadius and CollisionHeight to account for the fact that it's HUGE!

Hey, it's a stab in the misty dark!
-Rainbow Six

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
That collision stuff doesn't affect the player view mesh. Like I said, lower the X offset to bring it closer to you. Say you cut it in half, then you have to cut the Y and Z values in half to make it appear to be in the same position. Then you have to cut the PlayerViewScale in half to account for it being twice as close to your view, and thus making it appear larger. Did that explain my previous instructions?

BondJamesBond

Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Hmmm... I get it.

OK. I'm kinda getting what Smoke39 said. He's right. My stupid idea didn't work, but when I decreased the DrawScale and repositioned my mesh, it didn't cut up.

Thanks abunch Smoke39 !!

-Rainbow Six

Last edited by a moderator:

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
:y5:\¯I am Pork Boy, the Breakfast Monkey! I have taken over Smoke's brain, and will now proceed to manipulate him to destroy all that is blue! Waahahahahaaaa!!

*BAM!*

If I catch you knawing on my head again, you stupid monkey, I swear I'm gonna--
No!
Bad monkey!
Bad!
Sit!

*BAM!*
*WHACK!*
*DAMAGE!*
*BOOF!*
*BLARK!*
*INFLICT PAIN ON!*

Yes, now where was I? Oh yes, any time, sir. Always happy to help a complete stranger!