MIA

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
I swear I'll be on the track soon, had some self-inflicked computer issues here :rolleyes:
I'm getting all the UW files as I type....
2k4 is reinstalled and patched, UW-beta is downloaded, getting the UW_MSU now, the all the extra maps and cars.......Then I'll install MSU, maps, cars, beta, and hopfully join a race in the next 24 hours....:D
Must admitt, I'm looking forward to racing Craze again (if you're not already baned....) Snipe, please tell me all files are now redirected so I don't run into d/l snags.........;)

If you're wondering what happened, here it is.....
I was running a duel boot system, 70% Linux, 30% win2000 pro on one 80 gig hard drive, with a 13 gig slave drive for extra data storage. Well win2000 was acting up a bit, so I decided for reformat the partition & reinstall windows. Simple enough, done it more time than I care to count. Well some how I missed something and erased my Linux partitions (/home, /root, and swap) I tried for 2 days to recover Linux, then said "**** it". Went to my buddies computer store, and bought a new 120 gig h/d.
So now I have Linux installed on the 120 gig drive, and win2000 kindda :)D ) installed on the 80 gig drive. I'm putting UT/UW on Linux, and I'm thinking about getting rid of windoze all together and installing anothe version of Linux on the 80 gig slave.

Oh yeah, also added a gig of DDR :D
see ya' soon

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
i was just asking mb and steve where the hell you been. good to see your almost back. :)
Then I'll install MSU, maps, cars, beta,
the beta is stand alone and requires all MSU files to be removed first... just a heads up. unless you have 2 UT installs or on seperate machine or whatever... cya soon

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
hey jack, i wouldnt install the beta and MSU, just install the beta, will make for a truer beta test.

JACK SH!T

Sep 2, 2004
well, I installed msu, then draged&dropped the beta files into the correct folders (Linux install), allowing the beta files to overwrite the msu files....we'll see what happens...What's the password for Jerdago's server? I know it's posted somewhere, but haven't looked for it yet.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
its "pants" and jack, you are to extract the beta files into a UnWheel folder that is all on its own in the UT2004 folder, there should be no UW files anywhere else, none in maps, system, staticmechs, etc... all the files should be in the new UnWheel folder. this makes it -mod

JACK SH!T

Sep 2, 2004
jerdaygo said:
its "pants" and jack, you are to extract the beta files into a UnWheel folder that is all on its own in the UT2004 folder, there should be no UW files anywhere else, none in maps, system, staticmechs, etc... all the files should be in the new UnWheel folder. this makes it -mod
k......:rolleyes:

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
JACK SH!T said:

the password for my server is pants.
and a big part of this beta test is to test the -mod compatibillity, people have been asking for it for quite some time, its even been said that we may have done better in the MSUC if we had made the mod a -mod. Is that what its called "-mod" or is it umod, I dont know :p

JACK SH!T

Sep 2, 2004
JACK SH!T said:
I swear I'll be on the track soon, had some self-inflicked computer issues here :rolleyes:
I'm getting all the UW files as I type....
2k4 is reinstalled and patched, UW-beta is downloaded, getting the UW_MSU now, the all the extra maps and cars.......Then I'll install MSU, maps, cars, beta, and hopfully join a race in the next 24 hours....:D
Must admitt, I'm looking forward to racing Craze again (if you're not already baned....) Snipe, please tell me all files are now redirected so I don't run into d/l snags.........;)

If you're wondering what happened, here it is.....
I was running a duel boot system, 70% Linux, 30% win2000 pro on one 80 gig hard drive, with a 13 gig slave drive for extra data storage. Well win2000 was acting up a bit, so I decided for reformat the partition & reinstall windows. Simple enough, done it more time than I care to count. Well some how I missed something and erased my Linux partitions (/home, /root, and swap) I tried for 2 days to recover Linux, then said "**** it". Went to my buddies computer store, and bought a new 120 gig h/d.
So now I have Linux installed on the 120 gig drive, and win2000 kindda :)D ) installed on the 80 gig drive. I'm putting UT/UW on Linux, and I'm thinking about getting rid of windoze all together and installing anothe version of Linux on the 80 gig slave.

Oh yeah, also added a gig of DDR :D
see ya' soon

ARGGGGG!!!!! I found out what happened..... I was going to install XP, and those fine fellows over at Microsuck (click link) were looking out for my best intrest and had XP wipe my Linux partions, and all my data. How thoughtfull of them. My XP disc is going to be tossed in the bonfire tonight!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

What I missed/didn't relize at the time, is that XP will distroy any non fat/ntfs file system on any partition it sees without asking :mad: :mad: :mad:

*EDIT* Incase the link doesn't work, it's f?ckmicrosoft (replace the"?" with "u")

Last edited:

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
JACK SH!T said:
ARGGGGG!!!!! I found out what happened..... I was going to install XP, and those fine fellows over at Microsuck (click link) were looking out for my best intrest and had XP wipe my Linux partions, and all my data. How thoughtfull of them. My XP disc is going to be tossed in the bonfire tonight!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

What I missed/didn't relize at the time, is that XP will distroy any non fat/ntfs file system on any partition it sees without asking :mad: :mad: :mad:
Heh .. yup. Hence Linux says to install windows first. Odd that XP erases it without asking tho... I have installed XP countless times and it leaves other partitions alone if I ask it too....

JACK SH!T

Sep 2, 2004
craze said:
thats because microsoft is evil.
ok, have UW on linux, and I'm now installing it on win2000 Pro....
then going to bed...........:eek: