Sniper Rifle! Can I get a "Hell Yeah!?"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Hell yeah!

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

IceStorm

Nov 24, 1999
And is there anyway to zoom OUT as well as in? It's annoying to have to come all the way out if you accidentally zoom in too far.

Arokh

Nov 25, 1999
St. Louis, Missouri
Visit site
Hell yeah!

Camper, Sniper, whatever. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

I'd love to see someone call a real life military sniper a camper. I'd like to be there to see the snipers expression when someone tells him his role as a sniper is "lame." I don't see a difference in an online snipers role as opposed to a real life sniper.

You dig in, take aim and drop your enemy from a place that is hard for them to take you out. Countless flag snatching enemies have taken my teams flag only to get dropped by the defensive snipers as they're trying to leave the base with it.

I just wish more of the maps were open like that lava pit and rotating asteroid looking map. Perfect maps for sniping.

Give campers all the credit they deserve. It's hard to find a good spot...

[77]BiTcHbOy

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
Hmmmm...Hell Yeah if I could get this up and running. And If you can't tell the difference between a "real" life sniper and an online gameing sniper...well then maybe all those articles are right.

Oda Nobunaga

Nov 26, 1999
Chicago, IL, USA
Visit site
I think some clarification is in order. Like the term "hacker," the term "camper" is being misused.

Sniper = Someone skilled with sharpshooting and long-range kills.

Camper = Cheesy-*** bastard who camps (hence the name) by respawn spots and frags players as they respawn.

Don't confuse the two, there's a big difference.

404|sproket

Nov 10, 1999
yeah, i love ctf face except for one of the spawn points (the one outside on the side). Every now and then you'll get a lamer camper who will just aim his rifle right on the spawn point. I've been taken out twice in a row with this cheap trick, pretty lame.

Otherwise, Facing worlds is my favorite map.

[This message has been edited by 404|sproket (edited 11-26-1999).]

Arokh

Nov 25, 1999
St. Louis, Missouri
Visit site
Hey [77]BiTcHbOy,

I can tell the difference between an online gaming sniper and a real life military sniper real easy.

When an online gaming sniper puts a round through your head, you simply press the fire button and respawn.

When a real life military sniper puts a round through your head, there's no coming back. Time for mom and dad to deal with the loss.

My point was simply this: I get real tired of people refering to defensive snipers as "campers" and "lamers" because they're not out in the field running around like chickens with their heads cut off, trying to frag everyone they come across.

A defensive sniper plays a very important role in CTF. If you can't admit/acknowledge that, then maybe someone needs to write a new article for you.

But I didn't start this thread to get into this kind of bickering. I simply wanted to know if you can adjust the zoom speed. That was all.

bullet2.gif

Arokh

[This message has been edited by Arokh (edited 11-27-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Arokh (edited 11-27-1999).]

Sniper Storm

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
Yea the sniper plays a big part. All I do is sniper in the game and I know some great hiding spots. No one evergets past me especialy in boards like Lava Giant if I am on a team you wil NEVER make it to get my flag! and if you do! I will get you on the way out!

Strawburrito

Nov 27, 1999
los angeles, ca
come.to
i've tried to use the sniper weapon with no success. i set it as my lowest ranked weapon because i hate the weapon switch when i pick it up. the levels just dont seem to snipe well. anyway, i guess if i want to snipe i can play tribes. tribes kicks *** !!

Napalm Joe

I'm not a sniper rifle fan, really. They didn't make it zoom enough and they didn't make it zoom fast enough. Oh, if you want to "un-zoom" then just hit alt-fire again. If you find something that speeds the zoom up, I would be interested. I wish they had payed more attention to the sniper rifle in BLOOD2, although the netcode blows in that game, the action on the sniper rifle in single player is perfect for that weapon.

bullet2.gif

Napalm Joe-VED
(Very Elite Drunk and Blood champion!)

Arokh

Nov 25, 1999
St. Louis, Missouri
Visit site
I'm amazed at the response to my intial post. This is kinda cool.

I love sniping, (and yes, Tribes DOES kick a**!) and I have great admiration for players who are great at sniping. I myself have to be totally honest and say... I blow when it comes to dueling/deathmatching. I'm a defensive player by nature. That is why I love CTF. It's hard to find players who want to defend and not run off like Rambo into the field, guns a'blazin.

I find great pleasure in defending my teams flag. And I find that on certain maps, with open playing fields (Another reason Tribes kicks a**! OPEN MAPS. HUGE MAPS.) sniping is an important and much needed form of defense.

The other day I held off enemy players on CTF-Face from returning the flag till my teammates could reach the flag and subsequently make the cap. It was great. They(the enemy)would come running at the flag on the ground and myself and one other sniper would pop their heads off their shoulders. It was truly fun.

If that isn't great defensive sniping at its best, I don't know what is.

Long live Defensive Snipers. Hey, I oughta make up a Defensive Snipers Guild.

How's "DSG|Arokh" sound? /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

Arokh

Sniper Storm

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
Well play all the time and only want the sniper rifle I get other weapons as back up. My favorite thing its to sniper from the enemy side. The Best team is one with a sniper and a guy who gaurds him as he is shooting to watch his back! Head shots are the best I can ever hit people with them at close range without zooming. Its a good head shot weapon. Anyone where who is a good sniper and anyone hear who thinks snipers suck, lets all get together tonight and play. Somone just deside the server and we can all hit it.!!! I will tear some people up!

Status
Not open for further replies.