Islam's Prophet Mohammed + Cartoon

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
I watched a comedy show on tv and the commedian was completely bashing Christians and Christianity. This, as we know has been going on for generations, and has met minor protest.

Now, a cartoon showing a picture of a muslim with an explosive turban on is making most of the muslim population revolt and burn stuff.
Is anyone else sensing a bit of bias here?

I'm glad i live in the southern hemisphere...

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
That pretty much proved they weren't protesting against anything in particular. They were simply trying to use the 'cartoons' as a reason to destroy property.
Excellent example there, idiot. They destroyed what? They cracked one ****ing window, ONE ****ING window. You see 10 times the damage after an average soccer match.
But you know what, I agree with one part, the muslim youth in Holland is bored. No wonder; they usually aren't let in to clubs, getting jobs is more difficult and they are placed in 'black' schools where quality is utterly lacking. I'd say vandalism is a crime that is commited out of boredom. With that it means a lot more people than just the vandal are guilty, most of all it is you that is guilty JaFO. By shutting them out you force them to group together. This causes the us against them culture and it leads to the problems you have with 'them'.

And what about those who could be swayed by information, had it been availible whatsoever? Nobody cares about the others, and that's fairly implied.
These people usually end up trying to get more information out on their own. The number of people that can be swayed by information, but don't go searching, is almost non-existent. Basically I'd put these folks in the same group as the gullible ones. Now if having free press would mean truth, it wouldn't be so bad. But free press means contradiction, so people end up believing whatever they want anyway.

Burger: read crac his posts. Bashing muslims hasn't led to much violence either. There are plenty of shows doing just that. Bashing islam does seem to provoke quite a lot. Or perhaps that is only because we get to hear it when riots occure.

.Nova.

Hate
Feb 25, 2001
Denmark
www.planetunreal.com
JaFO said:
I'd suggest you take those blinders of and look at the people that protest.
Recent protests here in the Netherlands had protesters aged 16-20 (ie : bored kids, not religious freaks). They even tried to get the police to attack them ...
That pretty much proved they weren't protesting against anything in particular. They were simply trying to use the 'cartoons' as a reason to destroy property.

Was I talking about the Netherlands? No. I was talking about Denmark, you idiot. Think before you talk

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Don't you find it odd that someone has to post a $25,000 bounty on the head of the cartoonist. If these extremists are as devoted as they say they just kill him and not require an award.

The leaders seem to think devotion is not enough and they have to pay people to conduct their "religous responsibilities".

mbs357

olol
Jan 5, 2002
Visit site
Boycott all things Danish.
danish9eq.jpg

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
What pisses me off the most at the moment is that some dimwit imam called Yusuf al-Qaradawi declared on Quatar TV that no apology for publishing the cartoon will be accepted unless the government apologizes (like it was the goverment who printed the cartoons. It's like getting punched by someone and demanding an aplogy from the guy across the street). He also demands that Norway changes it laws so that anyone who commits an act of (in his eyes) blasphemy towards muslim beliefs will be punsihed and sent to prison.
Allow me to be very clear :
Not Going To Happen.
Yesterday the Norwegian government decided to remove a law from the 1920's which stated that acts of blasphemy was a crime. The law has been "in hiding, to be used if neccesary". Norwegians can now say whatever we want about any religion and draw any kind of drawings we want. If anyone have a problem with that, too bad. If you are an imam, thinking that you can dictate what laws we apply and live by here in Norway, you can take your demands and stick them up into that holy place.

[UMC]Boron

UMC's Official Drunkard
Oct 10, 2002
Minnesota, USA
Visit site
Almost said:
What pisses me off the most at the moment is that some dimwit imam called Yusuf al-Qaradawi declared on Quatar TV that no apology for publishing the cartoon will be accepted unless the government apologizes (like it was the goverment who printed the cartoons. It's like getting punched by someone and demanding an aplogy from the guy across the street). He also demands that Norway changes it laws so that anyone who commits an act of (in his eyes) blasphemy towards muslim beliefs will be punsihed and sent to prison.
Allow me to be very clear :
Not Going To Happen.
Yesterday the Norwegian government decided to remove a law from the 1920's which stated that acts of blasphemy was a crime. The law has been "in hiding, to be used if neccesary". Norwegians can now say whatever we want about any religion and draw any kind of drawings we want. If anyone have a problem with that, too bad. If you are an imam, thinking that you can dictate what laws we apply and live by here in Norway, you can take your demands and stick them up into that holy place.

Well put Sir, well put.:clap:

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
yurch said:
As the stereotype goes, we have larger feet/penii. That would make us (slightly) smarter.
LOL. Those two words should be used with a slash together more often. People should have a 'feet/penii' rating listed on their driver's licenses, resumes, etc...

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Like I've said...

We gather all of these crazies up, kill them, problem solved.

It's really that simple.

Also, that video was excellent. It really made me appreciate their stupidity a great deal more than I had originally.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
And now they are burning churches in Nigeria. 11 in total. 16 people killed.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/africa/02/18/cartoon.roundup/index.html.

I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but the first Norwegian political party who put withdrawel of the billions we give in aid to these countries every year into their program gets my vote. Why should I, as a taxpayer, give my money to these morons.

Yes, I'm generalizing. It has become an issue of "us" and "them". The reason for that is, as I stated earlier in this thread, I don't see any muslims taking a stand against the stupidity. From what I can tell, so called "moderate" muslims (if there is such a thing) around the world are sitting on their hands, silently agreeing with what's going on. That, in my opinion, doesn't make them any better than those doing the actual burning and killing. Well, unless they are afraid to speak up, of course. Nah, who could possibly belong to a religion where they would be afraid of their fellow believers. Doesn't make much sense, so I guess muslims simply agree with their fellow fanatics.

I'd love for someone to prove me wrong tho'. Norwegians in general are very tolerant and laidback about religions and beliefs. People are left to believe and worship whatever they want, anything from Buddah to norse mythology goes. If you want to worship your grandma's undies, that's fine too. However, things are changing. These days, muslims in general are by more and more Norwegians seen as dangerous fanatics. And honestly, I don't see any muslims trying to correct that. Again, I'd love to be proved wrong. Because if this continues, I'm afraid Norwegians here in Norway will start burning things too and that's a road I don't want to travel on.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
I just can't get past the irony of fighting over a fictitious image, in the defense of a fictitious character and then, burning the places of worship for that same ficticious character in other cultures.

Oh Muslims. You.

P.S. What has Pat Robertson said on this? Any funny stories yet?