Boycott the GnT!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
I tried playing online last night, didn't see MyU on the server list in Qtracker. Thought maybe this thread had pissed them off and they shut down again.:p

I don't know why I'm even bothering to say this, as it's been said so many times before: gas grenades and turrets are part of the game, stop bitching when people use them! I know they affect fps and all, but most of us suffer from one problem or another (mine is dialup that randomly lags and/or disconnects me-try living with that!)

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
Wes and the MyUnreal lot are a very sound group of people. Wes does a crapload for the Unreal community and has been doing it for a long time.
We've had a few "all star" games back in the UT days where it was PlanetUnreal (as we were then) vs MyUnreal.
Good games and very good sportsmanship on both sides.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
Dragon_Myr said:
Boycott MYU and Wes will shut down the server and not think twice about it.

And yes, clans stacking one side of the server has always been happening, but it's having the worst effect on gameplay so far. I was watching and semi-playing on MYU last night and all you'd see is one team with a group of the same 4 or so people constantly moving as a unit and going after artis. The other people on both teams were left playing at random. Last time I checked I was playing in a pub and when a single group of guys does that over and over and over on each map it gets rather annoying. I only join a few games maybe once a week at most and the same things typically repeat. Good thing I have a PS2.

XMP is a team based game. If the team full of pubbers can't stick together or watch each others back they deserve to lose. It's that simple. MyU has a teamspeak server for our use, join it.. use it.. stfu. XMP is a team and class based game, if you're playing a ranger and all you do is whine about how you don't have any defense shut the f*ck up and switch classes and play defense. I'm getting sick of watching you people stumble blindly through anything that could possibly be considered common sense, while doing nothing but blaming someone else, or some server, or some clan. Take responsibilities for your own shortcomings and asstacular performance on and off the field. It's not hard to watch a game for 30 seconds to figure out who is playing as what position in a pub game. Find someone who's doing things you like and stick with them, many times if they notice that you are watching their back, they will also try and hook up with you if you die or get separated. That's how you play this game, if you don't.. you suck.. and you deserve to slit your wrists with fury over the fact that you have such a ****ty gaming experience.

:rolleyes:

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
thank god that there's a limit on how many turrets you can use ingame with tribes vengeance cause what i've been seeing lately is not turretfarming anymore, people just run,lay turrets like eggs,run away farther,spam gas and are surprised when you can kill them by stating you hax.

I agree with crow,balance would be better when there would be a limit on the turrets,like 5 turrets a gen or so.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
The whole thing about turret limits was discussed and deliberated ages ago. There is no set number of turrets, but it is limited by the consumption of energy. They also eat a lot more energy now than they used to. Also, after you reach a certain point, their combined power consumption starts rising drastically, so that helps as well. Turret whoring on the level today is nothing like it used to be. Think of it as Exponential Growth.

http://images.google.com/images?q=exponential growth&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

damn

Jan 27, 2004
It's not exponential o_O each turret uses the same amount of energy per second. My HUD edit shows that. For example, each landmine uses 1.3, while each tripmine uses 1.5. The numbers seem pretty irrelevant, though it might be it uses that much energy per second, I never really looked into it. But according to what I see, it's not exponential at all :eek:

damn

Jan 27, 2004
Upon further inspection, it appears as though auto-turrets are, in fact, slightly exponential, but mines are not.

1.82 per turret for 1 turret
1.845 per turret for 2 turrets
1.89 per turret for 4 turrets
etc.

I was going on the assumption that mines were the same as turrets, because in the first picture you can see that each of the mines uses just 1.5 per.

Attachments

• Shot00345.jpg
    Shot00345.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Shot00000.jpg
    Shot00000.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Shot00036.jpg
    Shot00036.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Shot00116.jpg
    Shot00116.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
yeah 1.82 per turret
when i play on MYU later on (when the FPS is ****) i see 44+ and 30+ energy useage which is ALOT of deployables on the map (and alot of FPS eaten)
when the FPS is fine its usualy 0.00 to about 13 for both teams
i'll try and get some screenies for a few combinations and see what is acctually being farmed
(yes i got the same modification)

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
This thread has gotten way off-topic.

Anyway, boycotting MyUnreal is..well...stupid. Your provided with a good server free of charge, has a constant string of people playing there, it has admins that pay attention to what is going on, etc. Nobody is forcing anybody to play on that server. if you don't like it, well...dont play there.

oh, phalanx...I think crow already confirmed there is a slight increase in usage when the # of turrets go up. thats been solved. We all know turrets eat FPS, but so do players, moving, shooting, etc. I bet you would get awesome FPS if everyone just stood around looking at each other.

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
Lets be honest. . .myu = a good thing for xmp

crying about it = no being satisfied with your own play

if the same people are always capping arties and getting hi scores most headshots most kills ect ect and winnning mebbe its because they're just incredible players, you'd do the same thing if you could.

also, for the record turretspam = teh gay
gas spam = teh gay/no talent
complaining = teh gay x2

You don't need to play on a certain server, no one is forcing you to play anywhere. You could just create a server and play by yourself if you think you can do better without our beloved myu. and from the amount i actually see clans playing scrims, it looks like most clans favor spamming turrets/gas and pointwhoring around in myu to actually playing matches, get off your lazy asses already!~

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
[BBF]Mantik said:
XMP is a team based game. If the team full of pubbers can't stick together or watch each others back they deserve to lose. It's that simple. MyU has a teamspeak server for our use, join it.. use it.. stfu. XMP is a team and class based game, if you're playing a ranger and all you do is whine about how you don't have any defense shut the f*ck up and switch classes and play defense. I'm getting sick of watching you people stumble blindly through anything that could possibly be considered common sense, while doing nothing but blaming someone else, or some server, or some clan. Take responsibilities for your own shortcomings and asstacular performance on and off the field. It's not hard to watch a game for 30 seconds to figure out who is playing as what position in a pub game. Find someone who's doing things you like and stick with them, many times if they notice that you are watching their back, they will also try and hook up with you if you die or get separated. That's how you play this game, if you don't.. you suck.. and you deserve to slit your wrists with fury over the fact that you have such a ****ty gaming experience.

:rolleyes:

:lol: Then it would appear that SIX is right in the fact that there is a lot of idiot players on MYU recently.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
Xaero said:
perhaps you could share your HUD so others could see this too
hmm... i would also like to have the ui script, after all, it helps people tweak the energy usage of their code.

Status
Not open for further replies.