Two players killed each other on InstaGib.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Okay I'm wondering if I was hallucenating but I swear on my body that I saw it happen. I was watching my brother play, and he and Loque (those who play against bots will be familiar with Loque's aiming skills) killled each other on Instagib, both died at the same time, but both got a frag. None of the speed settings and whatnot were adjusted, i think it was a masterful bot level game. This is the only time I've seen it, has anyone else?

scirmast

Oct 20, 2002
Finland
Visit site
Well, if both players fire at the same time then I guess it's possible.

It's also possible for two Formula 1 drivers to get the same time. Unlikely, but possibly.

Captain Griffen

Aug 15, 2004
or 3....which is just plain WIERD AS HELL...and happened...

I reckon there is a small, normally insignificant, distance between firing, and dying, somewhere along the line. About 0.05 seconds probably.

Making it rare, but not impossible.

quillion

Q-Basics
Jun 4, 2004
scirmast said:
Well, if both players fire at the same time then I guess it's possible.

It's also possible for two Formula 1 drivers to get the same time. Unlikely, but possibly.

yes, seen it and done it too, and a few years ago at melbourne circut
3 f1 drivers got EXACTLY the same quali times, so anything can happen:D

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
When online (when) An unreal engine game will favor players who have higher ping over ones that have lower ping...thus a shot from an instagib rifle can be finally launched from the rifle after the player has already died. If it where not for this netcode then no matter how good a players was, as his ping increases he would be too easy to hit and kill. A UT server will allow the low ping player to frag the high ping player instantly because he has low ping. It will take several ms later for the data from the high ping player to arrive on the server. The server then frags the high ping player...and several ms later both players find out. No I'm not refering to zero ping. Zero ping lets the client deside if another player was actually hit...this gives high ping players all the advantage...and low ping players all the stress of laggy players jumping around.

This is much harder when on a lan or in a bot match. The rifle fire must be timed perfectly. Since there is almost equal latency the chances are slim but possible.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
I can see the experiment now on a public server...
first try 1v1 and both firing and dieing at the same time, then a circle of 3 players each fragging the one to the right of them, then 4 in a circle...5..ect. :D