Tribute to the old game netstorm

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
ok.
I admit I check this thread every time you bump it.

Netstorm doesn't really mean anything to me, but it's crazy to see you doing all this work with virtually no feedback.
have you done all this stuff by yourself?
do you have an "official" web site for this project?
is there another forum where you also post your updates? maybe a place where people are likely to be more interested? like a forum specifically for fans of Netstorm.

there's obviously a lot of time and love invested in this so I'd hate to think that you are doing it with so little recognition. no one really seems to care (on this forum, I mean). it's pretty cool though. you did all this from scratch it seems.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
I care! I'm not what one might call a proper Netstorm fan, although I've played the original game before, but I'm following every update and will be sure to check out your remake once a first release is ready.

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
I am both a RTS fan and unreal fan and have UT99 installed still on my laptop and play it around twice a week, I share my updates here on buf because I am a very old timer buffer from the very early days of unreal and even did my first mod project a RTS for the unreal engine and just wanted to share with other BU members what I am currently working on and since this is the off topic section of the site I felt it was the best place to post about my little remake project!

I have done just about all the meshes by myself with a few of my meshes being redone by another netstorm fan that started helping me with the project. and yes we do have a website for the project here at this link www.risingstormhq.com

We have been doing networking testing and gotten speed of FPS greatly improved in last few builds of the project. actually the original dev team that made netstorm is watching the project and getting regular updates on how the project is progressing from us.

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
Small update :D

Our one texture artist this morning sent us the latest update on the texture of the wind-sail skate mesh that he has been working on, the texture on the mesh is now at a stage that the model now looks good enough that we can start working on getting the model in-game! Below is a quick render of the newly textured model that I did up earlier today in blender!

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.uskaarj.com/RisingStorms/RisingStormWindSKatePromo.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
Our one guy on the project sent in the updated and textured wind workshop, we only have the last three stages of the rain-workshop left to do and then all of the workshops will be completed.

Anyhow here is the screenshot of the newly textured Wind players workshop including level 1,2 and 3
[SCREENSHOT]http://www.uskaarj.com/RisingStorms/RisingStormWindworkshopTexturedPreview.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
OK this goes to the unreal community as from first getting started in game and mod development I know their are a lot of talented skilled model texture artists here and currently our project is in need of a character texture artist for our project to help finish up texturing on the human type meshes in our RTS game. now normaly most people might shrug this off saying they might not want to help out since they are to busy texturing their own meshes for their Unreal3 mod, but we are are offering something in return for helping do texture work on our models to help animate your meshes in return.

Our animator on the project has offered to help animate another projects models in return if we can get our priest meshes and golem meshes textured.

this shows a basic example of our animators work and what he can do.
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqBR2exz5uc[/M]

Last edited:

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
Small update: we have just about gotten the rain workshop finished and
textured! and will be getting in game soon.

RisingStormrainworkshopTextured1.jpg

RisingStormrainworkshopTextured2.jpg

RisingStormrainworkshopTextured3.jpg

Also we are now helping a unreal mod project in return for doing the texturing on our Golem unit model we will be helping doing animations on their project.

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
new images from the RS project that show off shadows cast by buildings and better lighting on islands and also the newly implemented air units that have recently been implemented and are now in-game..

RisingStormBuild40ingame.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame2.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame3.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame4.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame5.jpg

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
Few new pictures from latest build, Air units now work and we have gotten following units now working! Sun balloon, Sail skate, air ship. We also did the adjustment on the sun barricade effect so its more transparent and not so neon Yellow and more like flame.

RisingStormBuild40ingame9.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame13.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame14.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame15.jpg

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
Feng our texture artist on RisingStorm has put together a brand new nice shiny promo render highlighting the newly finished Man O Wars and the Rain faction Ice tower barricade units!

IceManoPromo.png

other promo render from last month of Ice cannons and Acid barricades

04groupshot.png

02acidbarricadedissolve.png

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
The Rising Storm project is still going strong and we are ready to showcase our newest unit model that our texture model artist Fenglong has just finished redesigning and modeling that is the new Thunder cannon for the Thunder faction!

Feng has also put together a short little video to showcase the newly finished model!

[M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TK2YlMxNB4[/M]