UE1 - UT Weapon appears elsewhere than put in UnrealEd

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Helgso

Helgso
Dec 5, 2005
Iceland
www.tv.is
I'm making a map that uses a mutator which replaces the UT Redeemer with the {WINGS} RX (Customized Redeemer) and take a look on the 2 attachments what happens when I play the map. (The first picture shows how the weapon is placed in UnrealEd and the second picture shows how UT places the weapon In-Game.)

Do you know what is happening or something?

Attachments

• In UnrealEd.JPG
    In UnrealEd.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 23
  • In Game.JPG
    In Game.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 24

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
Pictures are quite dark to see exactly what you mean (in sun-lit room ;-)) however this reminds me problem when my custom weapon bases were fine in editor yet they got scaled down in-game. This was because of some code that somehow used (or replaced? can't remember) properties of that weapon base - it was applied when the level was started. Something similar might happen with position I presume.

So - I'm not sure - but I think something in super classes changes values you see in properties (and what editor sees as well while you edit the level). Hope this will help.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
Well, I can't tell you exactly - this happened to me in UT2004 editor. I created subclass for weapon pickup base and when I checked superclass (that is class that your class is derived from - you should know what you derived it from) and looked at the code. There I'd found it takes value from properties, so I changed them for my class... ok, mmnt. I'll start UT2004 editor. :)

See the attached picture:
1 - When I realized that "something" is scaling my weapon base static mesh down, I tracked it down and found this code in xPickUpBase. It takes value from default properties. 2 - As you can see, in xWeaponBase DrawScale=0.5. That was the problem. Originally I thought I'd have to change the code. But it was much easier.
3 - I had my subclass already created - I believe you have your own class too. It inherited values from superclass (in my case xWeaponBase). I'd already changed static mesh.
4 - But I forgot to change this.

When I created my level, I simply scaled all pickup bases to 1. But when the level started 0.5 from default properties applied.

I don't know if something similar happens to you. I'm sorry to mislead you if not. But it just sounds similar to me. I don't know what changed from UT to UT2004 though. I can't help more than this.

Attachments

• subclass-scale-problem.png
    subclass-scale-problem.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 9

Helgso

Helgso
Dec 5, 2005
Iceland
www.tv.is
I am afraid that I'm unable to change the values of the RX because it's used on servers, am I not right?

Also, if I am right, wouldn't it just solve the problem that I can't edit the values just by updating the weapon on the server it is based on?

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
Ah, mutator and weapon already exists and you can't change them, now I understand your problem. Have you seen other map that uses this? Try to copy it from there then. However if the mutator and weapon are already done and produces this kind of problem I'd say it's problem in that mutator.

Helgso

Helgso
Dec 5, 2005
Iceland
www.tv.is
I think you're right. The clan who uses this mutator is called {WINGS}. Website: http://www.wingselite.com/phpBB and in fact, I'm one of the members ^^.

I'm sure that if I tracked the problem they could just update it and release a new one since there's a new one in devolopment as we speak.

But what I wonder is, that if I put the weapon somewhere else than in these boxes (which they are in now) the problem I'm having doesn't exist. Also, If I'd put the weapon more inside the box which it is in, the problem doesn't exist aswell.

Last edited:

Helgso

Helgso
Dec 5, 2005
Iceland
www.tv.is
I can't believe it! I found the solution, virgo47 and it will not have an impact on servers!

I simply removed those Warhead launchers and replaced them with new ones and it worked XD

My guess is that the pivot was not in the middle of the weapon (The one that decides by what point the object is rotated and aligned to grid) but like 64-128 unreal units away from the weapon! Thanks!