UWiki search-plugin for Mozilla

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Traxis

Waiting for the deathblow
May 29, 2001
I've written a search-plugin that adds Unreal Wiki searching functionality to Mozilla/Firefox and Netscape 6+. Just extract the contents of the attached zip to your browser's searchplugins folder, (ie: Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins), and restart your browser.

This may not directly pertain to mapping, but I bet there are many mappers here who will find this useful.

Attachments

• uwiki.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 15

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
I feel stupid to ask this but... :shy:
How do you use this thing?
And what is 'Unreal Wiki search functionality'? (I know of the wiki site)

In case it isn't obvious: I don't really know what browser plug-in's are :eek:

Traxis

Waiting for the deathblow
May 29, 2001
Sorry that I didn't write more specific instructions.

Here's how you use it with Firefox: (It is very similar with Netscape and Mozilla, but if you need help, just ask).

1) Extract the contents of the zip to your 'Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins' directory.

2) Open/Restart Firefox

3) Click the Google icon next to the search box in the top right:

1.jpg

4) Select the 'Unreal Wiki' icon:

2.jpg

5) Type your search terms in the box and press enter.

hpv

Sep 30, 2004
Have you considered submitting it to the official search plugin site so that people could find it by using the add engines option in the search box?