IrisDoor, forget about the old ones

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Ever read a tutorial about how to create a crappy irisdoor? Well, my old version had 3 moverkeys (0-2). Then, just this morning, it came to me. I don't need 3 key's, I've re-done my old one with just 2 key's and it's fits better then ever, opening smoothly as never before.

I'm not thinking of writing a tutorial 4 it, but you can dl an example here on my site. Also questions about it can be asked here if you want 2

Last edited:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by Ren Höek
I'm not thinking of writing a tutorial 4 it

Wow. looks excellent!!! :tup:
if you change your mind, add something about to Unreal Wiki. :)
doesn't have to be a proper tutorial, just rough notes are fine.

PM or email me if you need a hand getting started with the system.

Originally posted by ChrisToth.hu
Looks nice!
That old iris spider texture was leet as well...

It's the same door I used. the only big difference is that this one has a perfect mover key with absolutely no chinks between the pieces when opening.

The spider texture is nice, but it has to be a theme of an entire map if I want to use it.

Originally posted by tarquin
if you change your mind, add something about to Unreal Wiki.
doesn't have to be a proper tutorial, just rough notes are fine.

I might do that, the rough notes part it's going to be then because I don't want to write an entire tutorial about how to create the mover parts and stuff. Just some notes about the mover key's because there is some tricky stuff about them.

It would be fun because I also have the six-sided iris door you might have seen ones in some of my screenies

Anyway, thx all 4 the complements:)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by Ren Höek
I might do that, the rough notes part it's going to be then because I don't want to write an entire tutorial about how to create the mover parts and stuff. Just some notes about the mover key's because there is some tricky stuff about them.

That would be perfect. Links to pages on actually making the movers can be added in later :)

Just add a new link on the Tutorials page.

LP

*wants to be your friend*
Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
wooowwww , nice, AND its shiny , so can u post it, so we can admire??
/me thinks this kinda thing will fill the forums when U2 comes out, with ppl trying lots of cool tricks :)

Originally posted by Cursed_Soul
/me wants 2 play jou map want hij lookt echt cool :)

hee, wel engels blijven tikken hè, anders sluit je de rest buiten:)

anyway, that map is far from finished as in my opinion, finished is perfect and this map is far from that. There is a lot of work to be done on it, even so much that I'm not thinking of finishing it ever. Maybe some day I'll rip all the bad stuff out of it and start redoing it all, but I allready started on a new map and I'm not sure if I'm going to finish that one before unreal II is being released. Anyway, I'll continue posting screenies of my new work, I have some nice decoration coming up.... but screenies are all I can offer right now... sorry...

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
2 bad, it has real great potential, but it looks really complex, so yea.... it gives a lot of problems....

i know that you had problems where u looked around in the map and suddenly the entire map disapeared... and stuff like that..

dmaster

Mar 1, 2002
toronto
Visit site
Ren how did erase your iris?

HI ALL!!! Ren I opened up your Iris demo and looked high and low through the void and could not spot the movers.How do you accomplish this?