Easy Way to Dodge

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
OK, this is not something I have tested out, but I think I have found an easy way to dodge using the wheel on the mouse. And from what I'm imagining, it will not be limited to only two directions.

------------------
Who's gonna be the odd man out? I want to be the odd man out.
-- [Ci]CookieMnstr|PuF

A

Alarion-={FU}=-

Yes please....kinda left us hangin' /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

-=Alarion{FU}=-
{FU} Clan - Just for the fun of it! -

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
Rooster -- not yet. It will involve the use of those alias commands, though. But I still need to test it out first. If it is too easy, I may not tell anyone, since dodging is an important skill that should be devoloped.

bullet2.gif

-- [Ci]CookieMnstr|PuF

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
Hehe, Kokensu, I had a feeling someone would ask that. This is merely to whet your appetite. Of course, you may or may not get a meal.

bullet2.gif

-- [Ci]CookieMnstr|PuF

F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

You will, of course, tell Ci about it...right /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif. Come on...please...please...

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Nuh uh... he already said - "since dodging is an important skill that should be devoloped"

Hehe.. just kidding (I had to!, in light of what some Ci members felt about me going to MsR).

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

Super(ST)Trooper

Super Like
Mar 3, 2000
Visit site
Why not make a body suit just for UT ! What I mean is use your body motion to play UT /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
Naw the poor carpet would be ruined..

bullet2.gif

Which one are you? The Quick or the Dead!

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
I'd end up tripping over my 1 year old son - and no way in hell I'm gonna take a chance on hurtin' him. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

He already likes to try to take my wrist rest, on the right, or my drink, which is on the left. If I'm standing, he crawls/walks/cruises over to me and stands between my legs grabbing on to my pants a knee level.

I'd never be able to dodge. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
if youre reffering to trying to dodge with 1 keypress, youre wasting your time. its been tried since Unreal1. even tho logically it should work with aliases, it just doesnt. dunno why /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

bullet2.gif

$GB$Voyd

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
OK, I have some interesting results.

My originial idea was to set the input, so that when you pressed forward, spinning the wheel 2 times (or more) would result in dodging forwards. If you pressed right, spinning the wheel would make you dodge right. I tried this idea out, but the wheel cannot be used to go in any direction. You can't even go forwards using it. One might ask, isn't it simpler to just tap a key twice? Maybe... that is for each person to decide.

My next idea was similar to the wheel idea, except that instead of spinning the wheel, one would double click a mouse button. It works nicely except, if you are running forwards, you cannot dodge forwards. Hence, you have to let go of the forward key before you can dodge forwards. Often times, I press two directional keys at once (e.g. run forwards, and strafe left). But the dodging is related to release of the last directional button. E.g.
I run straight forward
While still running forwards, I strafe left
I let go of my forwards key
I let go of my strafe left key

When I double click that third mouse button (that we set the input to), it will make me dodge to the left. If the strafe left key had been released before the move forwards key, double clicking that third mouse button would make me dodge forwards.

What I hope to do, is make it so that I can press strafe left, and the third mouse button would be immediately set to move left (and thus I can double click it to dodge).

bullet2.gif

-- [Ci]CookieMnstr|PuF