Poll: What's your favorite UT weapon?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I use the RocketLauncher the most so you think I'd say that was my favorite, wouldn't you? WELL YOU'D BE WRONG! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

My favorite is the translocator! Ha! There's nothing more entertaining than getting behind that guy who thought he'd slipped you...toss the translocator in front of him...squish! INSTANT DEATH! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Never knew what hit him!

Conversely it's also fun to destroy someones beacon and watch the messages for his death when he tries to translocate! Mwuahahaha!

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Right now I have the Shock Rifle set to my number one position. I'm trying to get better at the combo. Nothing quite as satisfying as a well executed combo. BOOM--SPLAT!

But I probably use the Rocket-Launcher and/or the Flak-Cannon the most. I'd have to check my ngStats to be sure which I use most.

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

-Lizard Of Oz -aka- {PuF}Lizard- nguid = 108675

[This message has been edited by Lizard Of Oz (edited 01-04-2000).]

tykeal

Dec 28, 1999
Tacoma, Wa, USA
www.bardicgrove.org
It would have to be either the Flak Cannon or the Sniper Rifle.

I just love sniping someones head off as they come running into / towards our base. Then again, a well timed Flak shell has saved our team countless times /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Heckler

Jan 1, 2000
Los Angeles
Visit site
Nothing is More Satisfying then being able to Frag someone with a Sniper Rifle ANYWHERE, if u work with it u can get Pretty Accurate Any distance, but if not that I would have to Say Double Enforcers are the BOMB /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif nothing like Pulling a John Woo on someone with a flak cannon and getting away with it if u know what I mean /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif I really like the combo attack with the Shock Rifle too, and lastly I do like the Pulse Rifle Very Efficent Weapon there heheh /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
id have to say the RL. not becuase of its power, but its versatility. i love bouncing someone up with 1 rocket then nailing him again when he comes down. or loading them up and waiting for just the right time to blow him away.

also, i love the RL to minigun combo. you stun him with a well placed rocket and send him flying then mow down his remaining health with the minigun.

i agree with these guys tho, sniper rifle kills are just plain cool. nothing like shooting from the hip, at a speck on your screen, and getting a headshot.

MiscMan

The Grand Elitist
Dec 24, 1999
My fav weapon is the sniper rifle on most CTF maps, and on DM or AS i like the Flak cannon. But the coolest one is the pulse rifle, i just like it /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Smokey

Dec 8, 1999
Visit site
Well the RL for it's effectiveness and versatility. Granted, it's a typical choice for favorite, but I'm not going for originality, I'm going for lots and lots of gibs. There is always a use for the RL, no matter what situation, the only time I don't use it is if I don't have it, or possibly if I'm in so close that I could end up killing myself when I kill my enemy. Other than that, the grenades make for a perfect getaway weapon when you have the flag and are being chased down a hall, and they clear a room well. You'd be surprised how many people just seem to neglect the 'lock on' capability of the RL, I haven't met a flag carrier yet who could dodge 3 or more homing rockets.

bullet2.gif

When I die, I hope that someone will say of me, "Boy, that guy sure did owe me alot of money."

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Now that IS fun! I like to see a big glob of goo go in their face and hear them scream. Nothing like a good "money shot"! lol /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

Heckler

Jan 1, 2000
Los Angeles
Visit site
Thats Almost as Insulting as getting ur A$$ pummeled by the Impact Hammer, Definate on the Style points Akimbo Baby /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif, another nifty thing about the Minigun and Mr. Pulse Rifle is how u can "Riddle/Juggle/ Hold them there with countless ammounts of Bullets" u ever do that to someone? its rather intrestring (No im not a Sadist) I Unloaded a WHOLE mini gun clip on some poor Bastard once....fizzled out and im like WOah that Had to hurt, another funny thing is I did that once and the Guy had Respawned and started attacking me again while I waz still cooking his A$$ with the Plasma Cannon....err Pulse Blaster (book test /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Gotta be the ASMD. Nothing, and I MEAN NOTHING is more gratifying than the combo. The rush you get when you see the secondary ball arriving right on target is intense! Then whamo! turn out the lights the party's over. I love the long range capabilities of the primary fire too. Only downside of the ASMD is that it is not good for close battles.

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

SHRED

Skilled
Nov 30, 1999
Crowbar....ooops I mean the Flak Cannon for that "up close and personal" way it says, "Goodbye"!!!

Blast-Em-All

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
It's the....... ROCKET LAUNCHER!!!
1) Guidance system
2) Multiple rockets
3) Also is the Grenade Launcher
4) More precise than the Sniper Rifle /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif
5) You can say 'BOOM!' every time u hit (or miss) someone with it (or even when u kill your own dumb self)
6) Fire rockets in a tight bunch or a wide spread for that sure hit
7) Phriendly phire is really cool, u can throw your teammate sky high into the air /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif
8) ROCKET JUMP!!! (when i tried doing it, i just ended up killing myself so now i don't even try)
9) On DM-Morpheus, u can send missiles toward the good-ol' Earth using it!

I also like the Flak Cannon a lot, the flak bounces off the walls and a close up shot is a sure kill. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Oh yeah, almost forgot... if i can't get my little sweaty hands on any of those, i choose the Double Enforcers, which are better than the minigun in most cases.

[This message has been edited by [PuF]Blast-Em-All (edited 01-04-2000).]

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I notice no one has fallen for my clever "make-them-all-translocate-and-leave-the-ammo-to-me-" ruse. Oh well...

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm inhuman dammit!

N

NIGMA666

Has to be the Double Enforcers and the Sniper rifle!
Headshot anyone?

-=666=-

bullet2.gif

Romanz 6:23