What are your views / thoughts about smokers?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I can't stand cigarette smoke and I often can't stand the people who are addicted to them. It smells so incredibly bad and they more often than not are grumpy when smoking anyways.

Weed is different obviously. I still don't like the smell but it's not nearly as putrid as cigs. My girlfriend is a pothead so I obviously don't really have a problem with it if you don't let it suck the life out of you.
Been about three years since I've stopped smoking weed.
Seriously.
Not looking back.
Why? Was it just the money it consumes or...?

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Terrible habit, but it's their body. Let them do what they want to it.

* So long as they are outdoors, away from the non-smokers.

Now people who throw their cigarette butts outside of the car window, that makes me RAAAGE. Use your ashtray. As*holes.

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Now people who throw their cigarette butts outside of the car window, that makes me RAAAGE. Use your ashtray. As*holes.

That annoys the hell out of me. People don't understand its littering.

But my Dad and I were talking about that, how newer cars don't have an ashtray as standard, so what do people do? Throw the cigarette butts out the window. When I mow the lawn out front, I have been noticing more and more of them in recent months and years.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
My car is old. It has an ashtray. I used it when I smoked. My ashtray is now a change holder. I never thought about the newer cars not having ashtrays. I quit drinking at the same time I quit smoking but the plan specifies that I will drink during football season.

I can't wait to see what happens when the government goes after obese folks in a real bad way like the way they have against smokers. When people's insurance starts going up like crazy because of fat folks and your favorite ice-cream's price triples all of the sudden crap will hit the fan. No more Kellogg's Frosted Flakes? Kiss frosted everything goodbye. M&M's will cost their weight in gold. Goodbye Skittles. Yeah, those are going to be fun times. They'll be here no later than 2015 I'm guessing. Hmmm? Sounds like a good new topic!

SnaKe-Fu

Thread Killer.
Dec 26, 2000
California
www.7igaming.com

So true. It always concerns me because of the potential of grass fires, plus it's littering. I don't care if people smoke just as long as they are responsible with their trash and stay away from non-smoking areas. My uncle used to smoke a lot and he would just stick his used butts into his pack until he could get to a trash can to empty them out.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
So true. It always concerns me because of the potential of grass fires, plus it's littering. I don't care if people smoke just as long as they are responsible with their trash and stay away from non-smoking areas. My uncle used to smoke a lot and he would just stick his used butts into his pack until he could get to a trash can to empty them out.

That's what I usually do. I'm typically at places that have ashtrays, so I'm usually good on that end. On the days I actually need to go into the office, I typically put it out on the sidewalk and drop it in my pack.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Defend minority groups and civil liberties, because one day when you've been duped into taxing the living out of others, you'll be next and no one will care about you either. I think it's called "divide and conquer".

But I digress, and ride a motorcycle and smoke. I don't do it to look cool, I do it because I like it, and have been doing both for over 30 years (yea I'm an old fart). I pay more for insurance and enjoy my life, you only go around once, and some ppls round is very short. I may be playing "russian roulette" with my life with my life style, but I say bring it.

My Grandfather smoked his entire life, he died at 92 from a broken hip, my dad smoked his entire life, he's now 86 and pretty happy. Eff all the cagers, denial is the worst type of mental taxation, choice is a better remedy. When I die, I will die happy knowning I did what I wanted without hurting others,was courteous, helped many and loved a few. Smoke if you got em, otherwise STFU and stop the persecution.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
Smokers smell like shit, it kills them early, and dying of COPD is up there in the worst ways to die, i have asthma and being around people smoking fucks with my lungs.

but i will defend your right to do it until i die because its none of my fucking business and i dont want to be around smokers i can go somewhere else.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Tried both regular cigarettes and joints, didn't get what people do either for, vowed to never touch one again. I don't need it, and despite probably being studies pointing in different directions I've always considered smoking hazardous to health.
I don't mind other people wanting to smoke, or smoking, as long as they do it elsewhere so I can enjoy cleaner air to breathe. I detest the people living on my floor who can't seem to control the clouds of weed smoke they produce drifting into the hallway we all have to use.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Thing is twrecks smoking damages the lungs of everyone around you. Damage your own if you want and you have every right to smoke in your own home and bike (if it's possible) but don't pollute innocent people. You can chose to smoke, don't force that on others.

The same argument could be made concerning motor vehicles, or cities, or virtually every other thing that you take part in on a daily basis -- the effects of those things change the planet that we all use. There is no such thing as doing something that is not in some way affecting someone else.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I can't wait to see what happens when the government goes after obese folks in a real bad way like the way they have against smokers. When people's insurance starts going up like crazy because of fat folks and your favorite ice-cream's price triples all of the sudden crap will hit the fan. No more Kellogg's Frosted Flakes? Kiss frosted everything goodbye. M&M's will cost their weight in gold. Goodbye Skittles. Yeah, those are going to be fun times. They'll be here no later than 2015 I'm guessing. Hmmm? Sounds like a good new topic!

I think everyone will be fine. You just don't buy that stuff anymore. You fatty people act as if those foods listed are what you need to eat to survive and that eating fruit and vegetables aren't even an option.:lol:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
I think everyone will be fine. You just don't buy that stuff anymore. You fatty people act as if those foods listed are what you need to eat to survive and that eating fruit and vegetables aren't even an option.:lol:

Also, we shouldn't be subsidizing the corn syrup industry anymore. Then the sugary foods would either inflate to the true costs of the confection or the manufacturers would be forced to reduce the amount of it to reduce costs.

The argument against HFCS isn't so much about the differences between it and conventional sugar, the argument is that it is dirt cheap and is in pretty much in everything to excess. And that is why it is having an adverse effect on our health.