Lookit Her At This Map (#2)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr.muffins

OHHH! CROTCHSHOT! THATS GOTTA HURT!
Jun 9, 2001
The US of A
Visit site
:D its me agin, and i seen to have hit a dissapointing problem, the fishtank suggested by the replies will not ba added. this is because there is a zonage problem that wont display anthing through the glass. instesd i will have to put some nali cows in the aquarium insted.

i also need help with my teleporters... theyre all screwed up, and i cant organize them. HOW DO I?

also here is a new screen of its latest build, i just finished the furnuture, and will add the details soon.

finally, can somebody PLEASE tell me how to make a smoke generator for my ashtray? kinda like in the UT intro scene in the subway... PLEASE HELP

for anybody new who doesnt know what this map is, its a "teeny map" the players are a few inches tall...

THANX!!! :cool: :rolleyes: ;) :) :p :D

DexterII|PuF

Boy Genius
Apr 10, 2001
Laboratory
www.dexterii.com
Do you know where the smoke generator is in the Actor browser if not go to effects and scroll down and pick smoke generator

Place it where you want it and set its tag to something like smoke1

next go down to Smoke generator in its properties and set brepeating = true total number of puffs 1000000

not put a trigger in the center of your map and set its event to smoke1 and its collision radius just a little bigger than the total size of you map or the total area around all the starting spots.

and there you go

i can help u with the teleporter stuff if i knew exactly whats wrong....show me a screenshot or send me the map and i can help fix the problem along with add a smoke generator and i can fix the zoning problem if u send me the map cause i think i know what the problem is...

Mr.muffins

Jun 9, 2001
The US of A
Visit site
thanx dexter

i got the smoke to work...

my teleporters are not working AT ALL, so if possible could you describe how to set up a simple teleporter?

thnx

Mr.muffins

Jun 9, 2001
The US of A
Visit site
not really

well its not really a secret, its just that the textures i am using are the strike force textures, and the ones i am currently using total to over 50megs, and (sigh)...... i got 56k (which blows chunks. So i plant to wait till the next local LAN party or just burn it to a cd then sent over to the net or something. if i ran on cable or dsl, id send it right over, but i cant. sorry...:(

BY THE WAY, they are visible teleporters. THANKS, you got me pretty far + i just got some cool ideas

gotta go cuz its my bedtime!!!!!! kidding........ really....... i was kidding.......:mad:

Mr.muffins

Jun 9, 2001
The US of A
Visit site
i did the origil size was around 50 megs, so when zipped it was only 18.6 megs

BUT THAT DOESNT MATTER....
i'll just export all the textures i used from different packages (since i didnt use all of them, it just wastes time and space) into one package, so itl take the size to around 4to5 megs unzipped. Infact i'll do it right now

i'm always online at this time

Mr.muffins

Jun 9, 2001
The US of A
Visit site
mkay

it is done and the final size is.............TADAAAAAH 1.68 megs!
DAMN thats teeny. Could you also describe to me how to enter botpaths? i know where they are in the editor, i just dont know general botpath mechanics. (after all this is my first map)

if you can, i''l email the map to you tommorow mornig

also how do you make that screenshot of your map show up in ut when you start a new practice session?

thanks;)