UT2Vote Mod/mutator setups

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yes, this vote button is a real bone of contention.
Basically to get to this menu you need to press the Escape key, and UT2Vote and the Escape key are great enemies :)
There is a bypass for this but this enables clients now to escape out of their vote menu's without UT2Vote even knowing about it and hence could create all sorts of wierd voting results.
Best is to try it and see how it goes.
At the end of the GameType= string for each game add the following:
?CustomGame=True

gammo

Feb 26, 2005
Was interested on how to write up UTPlus to work with UT2Vote5.1.

UTPLus info here:

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12630

Want to stop using UTComp 1.6a and start using UTPlus... Want to use it's Brightskins, HitSounds and LAN status display functions. How would I write this up in UT2Vote5.1?

I only ask, because i think UTPlus has a few diferent Mutators and I think it takes control of the server like UT2Vote does, so was wondering if it was possible to get the two working together.

Thanks.

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
just add the mutator mutator=UTPlusServerV1.MutUTPlus in either servermuts= or the gametype string in ut2vote and dont use its AccessControlClass you will be fine i ran it but didnt like it it lagged and froze up intermitantly needs work still lol

gammo

Feb 26, 2005
So what do I add here:

[UT2Vote51.UT2VotePackages]

UTPlus has two different *.u file names:

UTCLient

and

UTServer

Which of the two needs to go in the [UT2Vote51.UT2VotePackages] area, so it all works without the AccessControlClass stuff. Cause basically I just want to run a few side muts and not the full version.

I just did it like this and it worked fine:

Packages=(MutClassName="UTPlusClientV1.MutUTPlus",ServerPackages=UTPlusClientV1")

++++

Well one day after that, no it's not fine. The same thing happens on our server, play freezes up and other weird stuff.

Feels like an incompatability bwtween the two things. UTPLus on it's own and in control of the server runs fine, np. But when hooked up under UT2Vote, things go pear shaped....

Last edited:

Solo0815

Sep 13, 2004
Anyone figured out to use "AlienSwarm 1.3" with UT2Vote?
PLS help me. I don´t know what gameclass and Map i´ve to use. thx in advance.

gammo

Feb 26, 2005
IS this OK: (The Map.Mixer part) MapMixer v2.30 info HERE.

Browse: DM-Rankin?Game=XGame.xDeathMatch?Mutator=UT2Vote51.UT2VoteX,NoDoubleDamage.MutNoDoubleDamage,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,XWeapons.

MutNoSuperWeapon,ServerLogo4.MutServerLogo,BattleStats_V2.MutBattleStats,MapMixer.MapMixer,utcompv16a.MutUTComp,AdminPlus_v14.MutAdm

inPlus?AdminName=XXXXX?ADMINPASSWORD=XXXXX?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=15?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=8?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator

=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=7.00?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?

FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1?GamePassword=
Socket shut down
(Karma): Level Karma Terminated.
Collecting garbage
Purging garbage
Garbage: objects: 55977->42380; refs: 543719
Game class is 'xDeathMatch'
Bringing Level DM-Rankin.myLevel up for play (30) appSeconds: 50.831814...
center pointSetAdminFromURL called
Mutators UT2Vote51.UT2VoteX,NoDoubleDamage.MutNoDoubleDamage,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon,ServerLogo4.MutServerLo
go,BattleStats_V2.MutBattleStats,MapMixer.MapMixer,utcompv16a.MutUTComp,AdminPlus_v14.MutAdminPlus
18:40:21 <-------------------- Starting UT2Vote51 -------------------->

ServerLogo build 2004-09-28 08:32
Copyright 2003-2004 by Wormbo

MapMixer Adding Server Package [UT2Vote51]
MapMixer Adding Server Package [NoDoubleDamage]
MapMixer Adding Server Package [XWeapons]
MapMixer Adding Server Package [ServerLogo4]
MapMixer Adding Server Package [BattleStats_V2]
MapMixer Adding Server Package [utcompv16a]
MapMixer Adding Server Package [AdminPlus_v14]
GameSpeed 1.00
GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging True
Translocators: False
PlayerMustBeReady: False
WeaponStay: True
MasterServerGameStats initializing
PAM: Using Druids Player Agreement
=================================================================
UTAN Ban Manager
Version: 101
Coded By Cruicky, Copyright UTAN 2004-2005
Ban Database Contains 726 Records
UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7787 successfully bound.
Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
Defaulting to false

I wrote MapMixer into UT2Vote like this:

[UT2Vote51.UT2VoteMutators]
Mutator=(FriendlyName="MapMixer",HideVote=False,MutClassName="MapMixer.MapMixer",Voted=False)

[UT2Vote51.UT2VotePackages]
Packages=(MutClassName="MapMixer.MapMixer",ServerPackages="MapMixer")

It works OK, there are sum features of MapMixer that are pretty cool, but I think UT2Vote and MapMixer are not suppossed to mix, because UT2Vote takes over the maps via the voting menu. But during game (As Admin) I can get MapMixer to change maps (After setting it up for specific gameplay).

Sometimes at the end-of-game map change, if no one votes then MapMixer might change the map or UT2Vote might change the map, wich ever counts down first.

I was just curios as to how it would all work. And wanted to know if it was possible for them to work together.

hanzov69

Jan 26, 2006
UTXMP and Special Game Settings

I love this add-on, but I am having some problems:

First, we play UTXMP on a normal server, and would like to allow voting for it, the problem is I am not able to figure out how to get it set up in the UT2Vote51.ini file, here is what we have

Code:
GameType=(GameName="Expanded Multiplayer",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="Superimposable - XMP",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="XMP-Sirocco",MapPrefix="XMP",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="XMP.XMP",Mutators="",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Tournament=0?Difficulty=5?GameStats=True?FF=0?GameSpeed=1.00?NumBots=3")

Any ideas on how to make this work?

The other thing is we like to play a "hardcore" deathmatch, with Tactical Shadows, berserk weapons, faster game speed, etc. When I set up this gametype like so:
Code:
GameType=(GameName="Hardcorp Deathmatch",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="Hardcorp.xDeathMatch",Mutators="UnrealGame.MutBerserk,UnrealGame.GameSpeed",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?FF=0?GameSpeed=1.00?NumBots=1")

The problem is that when I try and choose a gametype of Deathmatch (verses Hardcorp Deathmatch) from the web admin interface, it will still switch to Hardcorp Deathmatch. Also, The increased game speed doesn't seem to work... Ideas?

Thanks in advance, I am pretty new to this ut2004 dedicated server business :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Everything here looks in order just make 100% sure you have the right GameClass in each case as if you dont have exactly what the author stipulated it wont work - period!.
Check in the accompaning .UCL file as there you will see the GameClass.
With your second problem and the GameSpeed, you need to remove the ,UnrealGame.GameSpeed from your Mutator list and at the end of the Commands= section change the ?GameSpeed= command to what ever you want like: Eg. ?GameSpeed=1.35

hanzov69

Jan 26, 2006
Proasm, thanks for the response.
Here is what I've changed ini entry to:

Code:
GameType=(GameName="Hardcorp Deathmatch",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="Hardcorp.xDeathMatch",Mutators="UnrealGame.MutBerserk,TacticalShadows.MutTacticalShadows",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?Difficulty=5?GameStats=True?FF=0?GameSpeed=1.75?NumBots=1")

However, when I try to change to the game type from the web admin, here is what the console displays:
Failed to load 'Hardcorp': Can't find file for package 'Hardcorp'
Failed to load 'Class Hardcorp.xDeathMatch': Can't find file for package 'Hardcorp'

I would assume this has something to do with generating the .u file...unfortunately GameMake3 pukes when I try and do this and claims that "UT2004.ini file not found"

I currently have GameMake3 installed to my \ut2004\System\ directory, so UT2004.ini should be in the local path...

Thoughts?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ahhh ok, so you are using GameMake.
1. What is the actual name of your .U file - Hardcorp.u ?
2. Look inside the Hardcorp.ucl file and see what the Classname is:
3. Yes the UT2004.ini should be in the system folder - double check.

If you not sure, explain your proceedure using GameMake, maybe you trying to extend a game that does not exist.
I made a Hardcorp.u for you to test.
Just copy the string from the GameMake.ini to your UT2Vote51.ini in the GameType section.
http://www.proasm.com/files/other/hc.zip

Although GameMake looks for the UT2004.ini file, it actually uses the Default.ini file.

hanzov69

Jan 26, 2006
Proasm, you are a hero!

The hardcorp.u file works perfectly, thank you so much..
I realized my flaw, for reasons that escape me my UT2004.ini file was read only...not sure why this matters, but changing permissions fixed this, thank you so very much!

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yes basically Gamemake needs it NOT to be Readonly.
GameMake renames UT2004.ini to UT2004.gmk then it copies the Default.ini to UT2004.ini, does its compiling, deletes the now UT2004.ini and then renames the UT2004.gmk back to UT2004.ini
So as you can see, it cannot be Readonly :)

Glad you came right ;)

[s§s]CommDown

Apr 10, 2009
UT2VOTE59 - can't set up ClanMatch properly

I am testing the ClanMatch settings, and get everything working fine, go into match, but game loads default weapons in map rather than our custom weapons that work properly thru normal game play thru UT2VOTE59. I tried to add the mutators manually to the ini file under clan match, but still no luck.

Is there a way to get the clanmatch to run same mutators as in the regular game?!?!

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

[s§s]CommDown

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Make sure your mutators are added to:
Code:
[UT2Vote59.UT2VoteMutators]
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Whatever",HideVote=False,MutClassName="Whatever.Whatever",Voted=False)

[s§s]CommDown

Apr 10, 2009
Here is parts of our UT2Vote59.ini file:

Code:
GamePassword=demo
DefaultGameName=Sniper_DM
DefServerName=ì[sSs] ððSecret Society of Snipers ÿ[ÿÿÿ Sniper Server - DM ÿ] - DEMO SERVER
ServerMuts=BunnyFooFoo2004.MutBunnyFooFoo,QFeedback.QFeedback,StealthTrans10.MutStealthTrans,sSs_2k4BoomStickVerA.MutSZOsniper,SZOCrouchHealth.MutSZOCrouchHealth,NoMut.mutNoMut,UT2k4ScoreRecovery_v3.MutUT2k4ScoreRecovery_v3
ServerLine=
bAllowArena=False

[UT2Vote59.UT2VoteGameTypes]
SortGameList=False
GameType=(GameName="Sniper_DM",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=7,ServerName="ì[sSs] ððSecret Society of Snipers ÿ[ÿÿÿ Sniper Server - DM ÿ] - DEMO SERVER",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="DM-Canyon2K4",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Sniper_DM.xDeathMatch",Mutators="SantaHat.SantaHatMutator,",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=32?MaxSpectators=1?Translocator=True?WeaponStay=False?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=True?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.36?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=4?Difficulty=2?AirControl=0.35?bCustomGame=True")

GameType=(GameName="Sniper_TDM",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=4,MapLimits=5,ServerName="ì[sSs] ððSecret Society of Snipers ÿ[ÿÿÿ Sniper Server - TDM ÿ] - DEMO SERVER",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="DM-Canyon2K4",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Mutators="SantaHat.SantaHatMutator,",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=50?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=32?MaxSpectators=0?Translocator=True?WeaponStay=False?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=True?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=demo?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.31?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3?Difficulty=1?AirControl=0.35?bCustomGame=True")

SortMutsList=False
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Berserk Weapons",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutBerserk",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Big Head",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutBigHead",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Camouflage combo",HideVote=False,MutClassName="Bonuspack.MutCrateCombo",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Classic Sniper",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UTClassic.MutUseSniper",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Fast Weapon Switch",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutFastWeapSwitch",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="InstaGib",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutInstaGib",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Low Gravity",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutLowGrav",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="No Adrenaline",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutNoAdrenaline",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="No Score Limit",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UT2Vote57.UT2VoteZeroScore",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="No Superweapons",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Onslaught Weapons",HideVote=False,MutClassName="Onslaught.MutOnslaughtWeapons",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Pint-sized combo",HideVote=False,MutClassName="Bonuspack.MutPintSizeCombo",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Quad Jump",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutQuadJump",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Regeneration",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutRegen",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Slow Motion Corpses",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutSlomoDeath",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="UT Classic",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UTClassic.MutUTClassic",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Vampire",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutVampire",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Zoom InstaGib",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutZoomInstaGib",Voted=False)
WE DONT USE ANY OF THESE MUTATORS, BUT USE THE MUTATORS THAT ARE REFERENCED IN THE 'SERVERMUTS' LINE. SO ALL THE MUTATORS IN THE SERVERMUTS LINE MUST BE ADDED TO THE 'UT2VOTEMUTATORS'?

If so, the match only allows for 5 mutators to be selected, when we are running more than 5 at a given time.

I appreciate your help ProAsm, Thank you in advance. Let me know if u need to see any more of the ini.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Firstly before we continue.
I'm surprised anything works at all as you MUST have all the default games (12 listed in original ini) under:
[UT2Vote59.UT2VoteGameTypes]

If you dont want them votable or visible then set HideVote=True but do NOT remove them as UT2Vote needs them as a base reference for other games.

Secondly - No the mutators in the ServerMuts= do not have to go into the

Here just set HideVote=True if you dont want anyone to vote for them.

Regarding the 5 mutators allowed in a match is possibly a problem.

What you can try is instead of putting the Mutators in the ServerMuts= rather put them to the Mutators= in the GameType=(GameName="Sniper_TDM"...
A ClanMatch does not use the ServerMuts= so try this and see how it goes.