Voice and auto Taunts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RCvie

I like to watch
Jan 2, 2004
Australia
The tuants system needs to be redone. For some reason I keep going back to UT99 for the in game taunts, they just flow better with the game. UT2k3/4 voices just seemed flat during combat. Even with custom voice packs.

If anyone has played the old 3D realms game Shadow Warrior its auto taunt system was fun. The game was so much better playing with sound.
Taunts were matched to the weapon you used as well as some general ones. Even if you did kill anybody with a volley of explosive rockets or granades he's still say something about firepower. He also had enemy specific taunts.
It was just more fun.

Anyone else interested in redoing the Taunt system?

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
I like the 99 taunts better as well. Even though there were less voices, the taunts were all pretty individualized and it didn't sound "forced", not to mention they sounded genuinely like they were over a radio headset - tinny and full of static... something that 2kx didn't do too well, making it sound more like it was over a shortwave radio transceiver.

Plus I miss Male2's "You be dead!" taunt. The second I heard a 2kx Juggernaut say it I almost cried.

krjal

Minotaur
May 10, 2005
Australia
Considering the level of voice and bot interaction I'm expecting something pretty decent.

I agree that UT2K3/4s wasn't that good but it wasn't crap either. It'll have to be improved in the next one though :D

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I have the UT2003 voicepacks for UT(came with some mod iirc). It... just isn't the same..
Even for the "brief" time I used them in UT2003, wasn't really impressed. It isn't, indeed, quite the same as UT's voicepacks.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Yap the old voicepacks were just better and weapon combined taunts à la Duke 3D or Shadow Warrior are really cool and should definitaly be included. e.g.: a decent "Rest in Pieces" after feeding the enemy with your RL or Flak just rocks! *g*

RCvie

I like to watch
Jan 2, 2004
Australia
I always like "I stick a firecracker your ass" when a rocket gibs them in Shadow Warrior. And to make a Bender voicepack that has the right insult for the right weapon and character would be cool.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
RCvie said:
I always like "I stick a firecracker your ass" when a rocket gibs them in Shadow Warrior. And to make a Bender voicepack that has the right insult for the right weapon and character would be cool.

"oh, splitting personality" was always very fitting when an enemy was seperated in 2 parts *g*

or when the nuclear rocket made some chaos... "Just like Hiroshima", that would be fit for redeemer *lol* but I think they won`t include such things...

@NN
yeah, chewbacca simply rules *g*
One very cool VP was a cybernetic nali *lol*, pretty useless but funny :)

FireCrack

May 25, 2004
Especialy all the backup screams were very good,

"Medic!!"

"Man down!" (this one sounded quite terrified IIRC)

"I'm under heavy attack"

FireCrack

May 25, 2004
that's the one, preety much every one where you head a weapon going off in the background was awesome.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
My favourite taunts:

"My house"
"Ha ha ha" (used to hate it, but now I love using it :D..)
"You like that?"
"You suck!"
"Useless"
"Yeehaw"
"Burn baby"

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
NeoNite said:
My favourite taunts:

"My house"
"Ha ha ha" (used to hate it, but now I love using it :D..)
"You like that?"
"You suck!"
"Useless"
"Yeehaw"
"Burn baby"

mine:
"Useless"
"Target eleminated"
"Ha Ha Ha"
"Witness my perfection"