Bullet holes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nu1oh

Jan 20, 2004
How do I make those bullet holes stay visible ?

On my system, they don't even show up in OGL and SW Renderer Mode. In D3D mode, they only stay for a few seconds.

Is that the way it's supposed to be ? What use would the Firing Range have then ?

nu1oh

Jan 20, 2004
Come on. Someone has to know that. Or is my question just to dumb ?

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
There are two (maybe more) possible reason for this. One is you have disabled decals in the main menu. Number two is your computer simply can't handle it. Infiltration cuts things like decals if your framerate drops below a preset number and bulletholes is one of the first things to go. Since you are not saying if you see this online or offline, I'm assuming it's offline.

On the other hand, if it is online that you see this it could simply be that the server have reduced the time that bulletholes stay to save bandwidth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
What kind of video card do you have? Often other drivers just aren't as good as others with certain cards as opposed to others. I know I had problems with decals with my old card.

nu1oh

Jan 20, 2004
First, thanks for your replies.

I haven't disabled decals in the menu. I'll try to lower my min desired FPS setting.

I don't think it's the video card driver, I could reproduce this on 2 entirely different systems.