GameSpy UT2004 Shots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
GameSpy have eighteen new UT2004 shots up over at this page. The shots show off some of the game's new player and weapon models, as well as some impressive looking vehicles and maps.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
O M G

Holy dear sweet jesus :eek:

On the downside, I'm not liking the new Robot models too much. The good thing about the old Robot models was their sharp, angled, inorganic look, those 'bots are far too curved IMO :hmm: But, if we can use the old modles as well, then it's all good :tup:

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
John Woo style UT, I like!

Yeah, twinned ARs could be a useful close range weapon in a pinch, and the double grenade coverage would be handy. If Epic increase the primary accuracy, then twin ARs could turn out to be a viable back-up weapon.

Last edited:
M

Mitz

The scaling looks ridiculous in some of the pics.

Also, the new shock rifle skin looks like crap.

Midnight Mick

My Cat is Black & White!
Aug 12, 2003
Visit site
It looks like they (Epic) are using a smaller texture size now for each of the new models looking at the quality of them pics. You can see clearly on Pic 03.jpg the difference between the quality of the weapon being better than the quality of the Xan skin.

That should be good really as it's less resources on the system meaning more FPS.

Still, that don't mean jack if they haven't adjusted the model size & got it right this time! :shake:

Last edited:

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
[IsP]KaRnAgE said:
Those are Xan suits. Isn't Xan a human with a robotic suit? They look bulky and round because their are people in them. :) The robots from 2k3 are 100% mechanical.
True for Xan (Boss), but I heard Xan Mark II was rebuilded from the ground up, so I don't know if it is a suit or an real robot. No idea about Xan Mark III yet.

We can finally see duel weapons, one big point for Epic :beer:

Don't really like the new sinper rifle look so far, but it could change.

I hope the Duel Assault Rifles is as balanced as the other weapons, but what are the odds of killing someone before they pick up another weapon and leave you with the weak single assault rifle?

I like some of the way the new maps looks, but they better have good gameplay.

Last edited:

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Xan 1/2 = UT99. Xan 3 = UT2004

Swift Viper said:
True for Xan (Boss), but I heard Xan Mark II was rebuilded from the ground up, so I don't know if it is a suit or an real robot. No idea about Xan Mark III yet.

If you look at one of the close-up Xan shots, you'll see clearly that it has XAN3 written on it's chest. Xan 2 was included in one of the UT99 bonus packs :)