Counter Organic Revolution - Game Over?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Today, Unreal Tournament 2004 modification Counter Organic Revolution may very well have received its final update. Nicholas Herring, Programmer and PR guy for the project provides the details on the team that has been literally snapped up throughout the industry, the realities of the situation, and the hopes for the future.
So officially, development has stopped on the previous magnitude that it was operating in the past. What does this mean for COR? Well, we all love the gaming community, because without it, we wouldn’t have had this great experience. To address the question directly, COR will sit, waiting for larger resources to be spent on it, whether that be fostered as the reincarnation of the COR Team in UE3 (me sharing a dream here), or a small upcoming MOD team that wants to scoop up the preverbal “dented” ball (that is *not* an open offer, but if they show promise…).
The work that they've show up till now has been very promising, obviously. Here's hoping someone snaps it up or that it may indeed move on to UE3.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
This is clearly some really sad news. Too bad the mod is only 99% there.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Yah, the only release I ever registered was said to be very buggy, so I left it.
Always looked like a solid fun idea for a mod.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
I never get why people suddenly quit their hobby and disappear once they get a job in the game industry. Carry on ?
Happens with a lot of mods and mappers and whoever else, like the only motivation ever was to get a job and that was all
Some prolly have exclusivity contracts but still..not all
Oh well, nice mod, cool ideas and gl further on

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Counter-Strike in terms of size and following.

Hourences said:
I never get why people suddenly quit their hobby and disappear once they get a job in the game industry. Carry on ?
Happens with a lot of mods and mappers and whoever else, like the only motivation ever was to get a job and that was all
Some prolly have exclusivity contracts but still..not all
Oh well, nice mod, cool ideas and gl further on

This seems to be happening a lot recently. Fewer major mods get finished because the teams that make them get grabbed by the industry.

The chances for a new Counter-Strike are getting smaller by the month.