UE1 - UT Terrain Question, Tessellated Cubes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chopin

Aug 23, 2005
Yes it's talking about the terrain brush; if by funky results you mean bsp errors, try reducing the number of tesselations or increasing your grid size or both.

Chopin

Aug 23, 2005
I think the purpose of doing this is so the tops of your cliffs will be jagged instead of flat. You'll set the roof of your bottom brush to fake backdrop anyway because it will be your sky.

rmcollins3

AKA "Doublez-Down"
Yeah I think I didn't have the terrain brush low enough down on my canyon brush(es), so it wasn't subtracting properly after editing the vertices and was leaving sections. Lowering the terrain brush (or raising the canyon brush) solved the problem.

I'm at work, but it seems hitting intersect before subtracting the terrain brush (sky) could cause mass BSP holes.

Also - I don't really see the benefit of using this method as opposed to simply adding the vertex edited tessellated cubes inside a larger subtracted cube, then deintersecting the entire finished terrain into one brush to subtract.

Last edited: