Another basic question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pailhead

Dec 30, 2000
Visit site
Here's another one :) Is there a way I can start my level from the editor without having bots startup? I know this is probably a basic question but I'm new to editing under Unreal. (last real editing was Doom <G>)

Thanks...

pailhead

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
You could start the game with bots and then disable bots, quit and when you start it for the next time bots shouldn't be there.

OR: You could change the Default gametype (Levelinfo) to UTIntro (Actor-Info-Gameinfo). This will disable the HUD, bots, your model... Just you and your level.
But this could cause weird things to happen, like not working teamcannons, etc...

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
edit the level properties (menu view->level properties).
ine the click in the levelInfo->gametype field.
You'll have the class browser select info->gameinfo->unrealgame->singlePlayer(highlight it).
Now get back to the level properties and click use (in the gametype field).
Then you'll play your level as a sp level (no bots).When you have finished editing you must set the gametype back to dm if it's a dm map.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
Yeah but that will disable stuff for UT and enable Unreal 1 things...I don't like it. IMHO it can mislead you more than the UTIntro thing...but it's relative. If U like it more then use it.