Looks like RA is going to be needed in 2.87

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Meh, as long as it doesn't go beyond that. He is only carrying 1 pistol extra, and that isn't too bad. Lets wait and see, shall we?

DooMfreak

Feb 16, 2001
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I would say that it is reasonable for a sniper to take the MP5A3 until a lighter submachine gun is available. A true sniper only takes a rifle however.

What does this have to do with RealAim???

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Ghost that link is deader than a sniper with an MP5. Gad I hate how someone can rationalize a RC50 and an MP5. Then maybe you can call them a regular soldier with a sniper rifle? Why call them a sniper with a submachine gun? Most major militarys do not outfit there snipers with MP5s. What I do in AFA if im playing teamwork with a friend ill arm myself with a good assault rifle or submachine gun and buddy up and spot for him while he snipes. Thats the way I think is more effective.

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
they can actually carry it as shown by the model, I don't mind as long as they have disadvantages, let the fools run around like that

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
I'm guessing that the optimal firing position for a sniper is prone. Carrying a weapon slung frontside would only impede and interfere with the necessary movement and positions required of a sniper.

Prowler

"Building Better Worlds"
Jul 6, 2000
Canada
I wont mind if someone carrys that much weapons, aslong as they make it so you can hear them coming. :D

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
The Team have to do what they see fit with 2.87. They are making plenty of concessions to "our" way of playing. I actually like the new slung weapon position. It indicates that there will be tactical slings or something similar. I'd assume there would be some penalty for using a weapon in the shoulder spot.

I have seen various arguments against 1 primary only for Inf and I can see most of them.

Heck, so long as 1 primary in RA keeps going, I couldn't care less...

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
ever thought of the possibility that this guy has that many weapons just because they want to show the new playerattachment in action? the weapon at his leg is the knife btw, i neither consider it a primary nor a secondary weapon but a tool, and it isn't unrealistic to cary one along your "real" weapons

Doyve the Royve

Quite simply the best Royve around!
Originally posted by Cogo
Hey... It's REALISTIC to have more than 1 rifle, 1 SMG, 1 Pistol, 5 Mags each, 5 grenades..... It's just stupid.
YOU! choose the way of playing... That's realistic. It's unrealistic to be forced to only have one primary and one pistol.

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should be able to for the sake of realism. Why don't they add the option of carrying a tent and pegs and a mallet and you can pitch your tent when you find suitable ground? You could do it, but that doesn't mean you should be able to do it in the game.

Harry_C

Getting old ... and drunk
Apr 2, 2001
France
Visit site
Apart from the multiple weapons stuff ...
The blade length of the Ka Bar measure 175 mm
So the knife itself should be 25 cm long (10 in ?)
But the weapon on the leg seems, to me ,much bigger.

.Nova.

Hate
Feb 25, 2001
Denmark
www.planetunreal.com
People are just way to stuck up about this... There's obviuosly two thoughts on how the loadout should be done.
Now, I play RA, and I don't mind the 1 sidearm and one primary thing, because I never use more. But if someone wants to carry all the weapons in the loadout, fine. Just as long as they have their disadvantages, which I'm pretty sure the INF team will solve over time just perfectly. So just let people play the way they want and don't bitch so much. The INF team will make it right. :)

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
the robar/mp5/pistol loadout is a standard one from 2.86
I doubt that in making version upgrades, they'll want to change the basic system weve all grown to like (faults and all)

I agree with the "no gun ban" side of this.
you should be allowed to take whatever your heart desires, in any number you feel like ;)

BUT! that decision should come with a level of responsobility and a heavy price tag.
much like the current ra, (example) you can take two grenade launchers, but you'll have a hard time putting them into use since your walking everywhere.

a sniper who cant put some speed on, isint much use on the inf battlefield.

Doyve the Royve

Quite simply the best Royve around!
My preferred weapon as you mite guess is PSG-1, but it annoys me not just with the zoom and lack of realistic stopping power, but the cost means all I can't take an SMG for backup, and it's difficult to get some to cover you all the time. I hope the robar is balanced vs PSG-1 in 2.87...