DM-MF-TheLongestYard Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
In what could be one of the best Quake3 to UT2004 conversions to date, Moonflyer has released a stunning remake of the classic Quake3 map, The Longest Yard. The map was built entirely from scratch, and abounds with custom meshes and textures. If you're looking for some old-school DeathMatch action, this map belongs on your hard drive right away.
Several download links are in this thread.

Y

yeahok

Wow, a conversion of the most worthless map that came with the most worthless game id software has ever created.

The conversions are nice though.

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
OH NOS BU! It appears some lame guy has hacked into your news system and sabotaged todays news! :O

Aconite

Capt Midnight
Jun 23, 2004
...or that they, xblue_cn and moonflyer4u, are one and the same person.

Last edited:

GAMESOULjA

Sega Gamer From Na Pali
Sep 23, 2004
Na Pali
www.playmoreconsoles.com
yeahok said:
Wow, a conversion of the most worthless map that came with the most worthless game id software has ever created.

hey q3 is an amazing game...look how many games (including CoD) are powerd by quake3's engine!

nice map...but ppl'd rather play this on quake3

Zenny

I'm gonna steal your girlfriend.
Mar 14, 2003
Washington DC
I like the quake3 conversions, i think the Unreal style on these quake layouts provides for a nice experience.

S

SouperM4n43

there has been a remake of this long before.. the actual map file name was DM-q3dm17 , not "the longest yard".. it was the same exact conversion, except from a lot longer back.

btw, it doesnt play good at all in 2k4.. a waste of time truly.

C

CheeseTacoTommy

This is a much better remake on the 2k* engine than the earlier one.

I didn't much like the flak in there for the shotgun (only played the beta, so this might've changed), but it plays very, very nicely. Especially for Instagib 1-on-1.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
GAMESOULjA said:
hey q3 is an amazing game...look how many games (including CoD) are powerd by quake3's engine!

nice map...but ppl'd rather play this on quake3

Yeah, it still plays best in Q3. :) This is a good port though.

yeahok said:

Ignorance.

SouperM4n43 said:
there has been a remake of this long before.. the actual map file name was DM-q3dm17 , not "the longest yard".. it was the same exact conversion, except from a lot longer back.

btw, it doesnt play good at all in 2k4.. a waste of time truly.

More ignorance. This is a totally different map than the one you're referring to. The scaling, textures, weapon placement - all different. You're right though the 2K3 remakes didn't play well at all. This one however plays great.

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
Good conversion, good scaling, good play. I like the flak for the shotgun, best choice imho. Of course the lg and rl replace their counterparts properly.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
This is absolutely the best remake of a Quake 3 map. Most, if not all, the predecessors just ripped off the entire design and textures, and the weapon balance and item placement are perfect.

SaibeR

I see Fragged ppl.
May 22, 2004
why not make a remake of either vertical vengance II or the cpm map cpm3 ?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well, if there has to be a remake of vertical vengeance...
Plz, plz plz use a nice texture set.
The ones used in quake3 are PURE HORROR.
Ugly, ugly, ugly :-/

F

Frank Fritter

GAMESOULjA said:
Just because a lot of good games are powerd by quake 3's engine does not make quake 3 a good game it just means quake 3 got a good engine.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well either you love or hate playing quake3.
I love playing the game, but then again.. I sure as hell ain't no fanboy. And I'm glad I'm not.

Each game has its flaws. Be it a quake or unreal game...

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
cool remake!

Actually, this is the only UT2004 version I have (except for the one by Likwid) but it's pretty good. Instead of blackness like Q3 original it has dark clouds and haze for a skybox and it works well. I like the black/yellow striped trim and the custom jumppads (more than one design). I also think the scaling is done well to fit the UT2004 movement which results in good gameplay and decent bots. I also like the custom music.

http://www.unrealplayground.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3575

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=2697

http://ut2004.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/DeathMatch/MapsM/&file=dm-mf-thelongestyard.zip