Pimped my bot

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spinetheft

Livid Lothario
Jul 30, 2005
Jus made this tonight, names BRUTE! and he should be available for download in the next few days. Just waiting on permission from the guy who made the Plasma Xan skin. He said he takes no cred in his read me, but I sent him a mail jus in case. Hope yall like it:)

brute24mg.jpg

brute14lt.jpg

These shots arent the best quality, but you get the idea.

Spinetheft

Livid Lothario
Jul 30, 2005
I'm not sure how to make them. Any idea where I could stick the blue?

Well, guess I could just make the red parts blue, and the team red brighter...

Last edited:

Spinetheft

Livid Lothario
Jul 30, 2005
4? When is there 4 teams? Only been playin bout a week:p

Oh, and how do I make them? Angel Mapper kinda walked me thru makin jus one skin before, dono how to make teams. Ive seen them in UnrealEd before, do I just stick the other colors in?

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Welcome to you new UT2004 player.

Welcome in a world of skining. You will probably have the ability to learn how to create your own TC skins someday.

Spinetheft

Livid Lothario
Jul 30, 2005
I did like you and the tut said UTGirl, but no go.
First, I jus did head_0 and so on, than looked at the tut, than headt_0 and the rest, and still nuthin. There are more parts to the skin than just the head and body, such as body/headmask, link power red, and a few other things I've never seen(only done human skins before). Not all could be exported, but I made team versions of the ones I could. Dont know if those matter, but still no luck:(

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I don`t know what skin you are using, but it sounds like the there are special effects on it?

For the color change on the head, simply ad teamface=1 to the upl, if the tricks works with body and effects I can`t say, have no exp. with that so far.

Hope this helps, and welcome on the board ;)

Spinetheft

Livid Lothario
Jul 30, 2005
Yeah, no idea what these things are, they dont seem to show up in game. I downloaded another skin just to check its team colors out, and noticed a upl for each color, so do you mean add teamface=1 to the team color upl, or do I just need the 1 upl?

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Spinetheft said:
Yeah, no idea what these things are, they dont seem to show up in game. I downloaded another skin just to check its team colors out, and noticed a upl for each color, so do you mean add teamface=1 to the team color upl, or do I just need the 1 upl?
You just need 1 upl, teamcolors are taken automatically by UT (if numbered correctly)

The teamface=1 entry just tells UT, that the same procedure as for body must be done with the head. that`s all ;)

I`d try to make TC and see what the other tex does, or (backup)copy the whole utx-file and delete the tex afterwards.

Here is an example of a CTF4-compatible skinpack

Spinetheft

Livid Lothario
Jul 30, 2005
While lookin at other upl files, I noticed mine seems a bit odd...

[Public]
Player=(DefaultName="BRUTE!",Race="Cybernetic",Mesh=XanRobots.XanM03,species=xGame.SPECIES_Bot,Sex=Male,BodySkin=BRUTE..GOLD,FaceSkin=BRUTE..shine2,Portrait=BRUTE..PORT,Text="Name:BRUTE!|Age:777|Race:CYBORG|Data:Keine Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid!||",Sex=Male,Menu="SP",FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.LinkGun,Accuracy=-0.1,Tactics=+0.5)

Like "BodySkin=BRUTE..GOLD,FaceSkin=BRUTE..shine2" I dont have ne "GOLD" or "shine2"....any I think I'll try and make sense of this in the morning, thx all for the help so far:)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Here are 2 great tutorials by klasnic!

teamcolors & UPL Entry values

I`m sure they can help you ;)

It seemes like the head texture was simply called Brute..shine2, the Body Brute..GOLD and the portrait Brute..PORT, if you don`t use the files you can delete it to reduce the filesize IMO. Don`t know how you named the stuff ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinetheft

Livid Lothario
Jul 30, 2005
Keine Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid is badly translated to No Pity For The Masses, and is an industrial band called KMFDM. BRUTE! Is the guy that does their cd covers, and is a cool song....and now a cyborg:p

Ill check out them tutorials, I have no idea bout the gold or shine 2, the head is jus head, the body is body1, the port is jus port:/

Spinetheft

Livid Lothario
Jul 30, 2005
It's done.
It's sent!
The GOLD and shine2 were the probs. Deleted that crap, adjusted the upl and there ya have it.

Thanks all for your help!

Last edited: