H&k Ump45

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should they add the UMP45

• Yes! .45 Forever!!!

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • NO! We have enough SMGs as it is!!

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
No, it's not "yet another MP5 variant". The UMP Universal Machine Pistol is totally separate from its better-known little brother, and it's chambered in .45ACP.

Here I paste the manufacturer's specifications:

"The UMP is a cost-effective, state-of-the-art submachine gun that offers users the advantages of light weight, low initial purchase and maintenance costs, uncompromising reliability, and precision accuracy with low felt recoil.

The UMP is available in .45 ACP and .40 S&W variants.

The UMP45 provides the user with a magazine capacity of 25 rounds* with an accurate range of 100 yards or more, well beyond that of any issue handgun or shotgun. Due to its small size (less than 18 inches with the buttstock folded) and 41/2 pound unloaded weight, the UMP is the perfect choice for use in or around vehicles. Its size and low weight also make it the ideal weapon for smaller stature officers who have difficulty handling the size, weight, and excessive felt recoil of a full size rifle or shotgun.

The UMP45 is designed and tested to fire all types of .45 ACP ammunition—including subsonic and supersonic loads, cartridges assembled with ball, high performance hollowpoint projectiles, and even enhanced velocity +P offerings. The UMP45 also fires nontoxic and frangible training ammunition without modification.

For familiarity of training, the UMP offers fully ambidextrous operating controls and sling attachment points similar to those found on other HK rifles and submachine guns. A convenient bolt catch holds the bolt open when the last round is fired and along with the flared magazine well makes for quick and easy reloads.

Hard points molded into the polymer receiver of the weapon allow for the attachment of a wide assortment of optional mounting rails and accessories, such as assault sights, tactical lights, and vertical foregrips.

Additional standard features include fully adjustable iron sights with a dual flip-up rear aperture, an HK multipurpose tactical carrying sling, and a detachable vertical handstop. Optional tritium sights are also available.

UMP firing mode choices include semiautomatic only, semiautomatic and 2-round burst, or semiautomatic and fully automatic modes of fire.

With the exception of the barrel, bolt, and certain internal component parts, the UMP45 is constructed entirely from tough, lightweight glass-fiber reinforced polymer. The UMP magazines, also made of high strength polymer, feature a transparent ammunition-viewing strip that allows the user to see the type and quantity of ammunition inside.

The sturdy UMP folding buttstock has a rubber cheek piece and buttpad and reduces the overall length of the weapon by nearly ten inches when closed.

Like all HK submachine guns, the UMP fires from the closed bolt position to improve accuracy and enhance safety when handling the weapon. A passive internal firing pin block within the bolt prevents the weapon from firing if dropped.

Disassembly of the UMP is easy. The weapon fieldstrips into three basic assembly groups with the removal of a single locking pin, making cleaning and maintenance fast and simple.

No other submachine gun in the world offers the speed and simplicity of the unique HK Quick Connect sound suppressor attachment interface found on the muzzle of the UMP. The sound suppressor can be installed and removed easily in seconds.

For tactical team use as the ultimate CQB weapon, for issue as a squad car carbine, for a pistol caliber companion weapon to HK’s new .223 G36 rifle or carbine, or as a pistol caliber long gun to supplement HK .45 or .40 caliber handguns—the UMP is the world’s most advanced submachine gun for the uncompromising user. For the new millennium, the UMP reigns supreme."

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
/yurch bangs striderteen's head on the sign that says "new weapons ideas are generally disregarded".
Sorry, it had to be done.
Inf team has a plan right now for its weapons.

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
it won't be put in... too bad though. i like that gun, especially the way it's implemented in nights edge. very fun:). my little wet dream is that once the mod reaches 3.0, the team will just continue to add every weapon in the world, until there are aproximately 347 different weapons in the game... that would be very very very fun.:D

another cool idea would be to allow us players to make weapon plug ins al la R6. you would need someone to review them for quality and realism, but that would be very cool.

owlofdoom

Mar 18, 2000
HEY! its not military forces that use the UMP, but civilian police forces. and last i checked, INF wasnt JUST a battlefield mod. i would quote from the roadmap, but i cant.
i DO remember something about tacticat simulation include swat and terrorist forces as well.

and i havent ever heard of a soldier getting to pick his weapon w/ a budget, much less getting a choice at all.
i also remeber nothing about the Robar seeing military experience, either. SO THERE! __|_
i dislike all this crap about "if its not in a military, its a horrible weapon that shouldnt be used in infiltration because its, uhmm, unrealistic, yeah! thats it! unrealistic."

ALSO: if your are going to use the military force argument, please enlighten yourself to the fact that one squad should have all of the same weapons, if its from one military. (do they? NO! more like a police force, where different members get diff guns)

thank you for listening for my ranting bitching thingy.

Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
No Problem OOD :p
But how many police forces do you know that take on hostile forces armed with weapons like M16s AKMSUs MP5s etc. in military bases or wartorn cities? :D

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
Actaully it *IS* a battlefield mod, there is talk of replacing the PSG1 with an MSG, also I have asked that question many time also. I don't really think a ump belongs in INF but i took the chance to stab at the G11

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
So face it, INF is totally unique and the weapons chosen are in the game because the team says so. It's their business and they're doing a fine job.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
No word on actual performance.

RAAAAAGH!!!!
*smashes curiosos face into the earleir thread about the G11*
The modified variant, called G11K2, was tested in 1989, scoring at least 50% better combat accuracy when compared to G3 rifle. Initial batch of some 1000 G11K2s was received by Bundeswehr in 1990 or so, but due to some reasons the whole programme was cancelled by German Government. Main reasons of this cancellation were, in my opinion, the lack of fundings after the re-union of the West and East Germanies, and the general NATO policy for unification of the ammunition and even magazines for the assault rifles.