HOW do I fix BSP holes?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DrBot

Adept
Jan 20, 2001
Austin, TX
www.geocities.com
/me asks how to fix bsp holes?
I have some in my map. I want to get rid of them. what do i do?
I know ive de-intersected and all that. I dunno why they are there. I noticed they are always in the same spot? AND I CANT GET RID OF THEM!

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
Well, if you've also used semi-solids for as many of the additives as possibly possible, then you're having problems because of coplanar surfaces. These can cause problems.
There sadly is no general recipe to get rid of BSP holes; you'll just have to try working around them.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
If you didn't use semisols at all then try to convert some of the solid brushes...

Also try setting the evil brushes to last in the BSP order.

RFairey

King of the Faireys
Aug 2, 2000
Somewhere Else
Visit site
Make sure you don't have too many overlapping solid brushes.

Make sure you havn't subtracted from a semisolid.

Make sure you haven't (de)intersected a sheet brush.

Check your 2D ed brushes as these are sometimes bad.

Check your collision hulls don't intersect the walls.

Fiddle with the slider under BSP in the rebuild settings dialog.

After vertex editing, check that all the surfaces have corners which are coplanar.

The list goes on..........

X

Soul on Ice
Apr 24, 2000
ON,CA
Deathman are you kidding? i use semi solids and non solids like mad, it's the only to make over laping textures and since they don't split the bsp they lower node count(in most way, there are exceptions) and i still havent had a bsp hole