Coop napali with ut weapons?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
I know this sounds backwards, but I want to play the Na pali missions cooperatively with my friends at a LAN party, but I would like to be able to use UT weapons and other weapons from weapon packs for ut. Is there a way to put the ut weapons in the na pali system folder such that I can summon them in game. Or for that matter can I somehow open the Napali missions from within UT for cooperative play?

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
I actually got Na Pali working in UT (but not with UT weapons), It was a real bitch, involved lots of recompiling of the UPak in both versions of UnrealED (Unreal version and UT version). It took many hours and errors and caused lots of strange side effects--I don't recommend it! Hopefully oldskool amp'ed will include Na Pali support in the not too distant future.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
What about original unreal?

Can you summon UT weapons on that unreal server? Let me restate that could I set up my own server and summon ut weapons? What I really want to do is play through actual missions with my custom weapons that i made based on ut code (this is why I have to play through UT) with my friends on a LAN.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
I didn't try to summon any UT weapons, but I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to. If you want instructions for making it work, search the forums for "Unreal Gold for Mac". It is really a difficult, time consuming process though.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Oh, did you mean UT weapons in Unreal coop? Yes its easy. In fact, if you don't use oldskool weapons, all the weapons will be replaced by UT ones automatically.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Thanks

Thanks I'll give it a try when I can find 15 bucks to finally go buy unreal (i own ut and return to na pali, but not unreal go figure?). Thanks.