CD-Key Problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sin-

May 11, 2004
When I installed the Duffer's Golf Beta, It said that I had an invalid CD-Key. I Can run the normal game just fine. I am using UT2004. Any help would be appreciated.

Mix

So Fresh and So Clean
Nov 15, 2000
Marion, OH
www.coilgames.com
Make sure your paths are correct. they should look like this:

/UT2004/Duffers/Animations
/UT2004/Duffers/Maps
/UT2004/Duffers/StaticMeshes
/UT2004/Duffers/System

etc.

Make sure no Duffers packages or ini's are in the default UT2004 folders (System, Textures, etc)

Sin-

May 11, 2004
Thx fpr the tip, except it didn't work. Should I try reinstalling the game just in case?

beefsack

the authority in beef
Nov 22, 2002
Canberra, Australia
beefsack.blogspot.com
there was a problem like this with the deathball beta, and what was needed was to delete inis...i think that is was to delete the deathball inis first, then if that didnt work, backup your ut inis and delete them. make sure you back them up if you try it though :p

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
If all else fails, you can try the following:
  1. Uninstall UT2k4.
  2. Delete the UT2004 folder.
  3. Reinstall the game. Make sure to type in your CD-Key very carefully.
  4. Without installing/changing anything else, install Duffers Golf and see if that works. Like Mix said, make sure you unzip the .ZIP file into the UT2004 directory, and not into any subdirectory within.
If it still doesn't work, it's probably not a problem with the mod.

Another important note: do not install any UT2k4 Beta Patches that are floating around out there; many of them break mod support.

Sin-

May 11, 2004
Yay! Thx guys for all your help. I ended up uninstalling UT2004, then deleeting the files that were left in C:\Ut2004 Then I reinstalled UT2004 and copied the duffers folder to C:\UT2004 Again, thx for your help. Great Mod!

GlassBoy

Nano-augmented Modder
Jan 6, 2004
I tried uninstalling UT2004, cleaning out EVERYTHING in its directory, did a fresh install of UT2004, then duffers golf, And it Gives me the CD key problem still.