Missile hits UN mine clearance center

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ibrox

fear my Jedi blunts
Dec 11, 2000
thats the stray off target missile out of the way for this campaign
then.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
hate to remind everyone, those are afgani buildings with afgani supplies in them.
it WAS a un building... 4 weeks ago.
now its just a target.

compare this to ww2 when thousands of innocents
dissapeared under the bombing sites of b-17's

I think their doing a fantastic job so far.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
As far as i know, the missle missed. **** happens. Apearently the building was next to a power station, and the missle missed. Don't let those tv shows fool you with the "we can hit a golf out of someone's hands crap." These weapons may be very expensive, but keep in mind they're still built by the lowest bidder.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. the more complicated you make something the more that can go wrong with it. I mean hell it's hard enough just keeping your PC up to date, and it's software running properly. And your probably the one in charge of making sure it runs right. No offense but i've known a number of the companies that make these products to employ the mentally disabled in the manufacturing proccess. So.... yeah even though you might have einstiens designing these missles when you have little timmy putting the components together, your not exactly ogoing to end up with full proof hardware.

yet this does bring a different question to mind: WTF were UN mine detection personal still doing in Afghanastan? I couldv'e sworn that all the UN personal pulled out the prior week with the other aid people...

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Detecting mines, maybe?
------------------------------

talk about job devotion... maybe they get paid by the hour or by per mine. I can't see why anyone other than news & media would want to be there right now.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I thought RL would be happy to see the US hit an UN-building ... ;)

btw : apparently there still are lots of uncleared & uncharted minefields in Afghanistan.
Think what would happen if one of those fooddroppings landed in the middle of one of them ... *ouch*

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
As if there would not have been any kind hearted civilians in the New York building ... :rolleyes: