A request to server hosts! (pwetty pweese!)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
I am beggin someone who hosts a server to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use maps which other servers dont. DaHood kicks ass. 1940sRAF Kicks ass! PLEASE once the majority of the community (which I am sure has allready) DLs em then they can be mainstream. I am not being ungrateful, unhappy etc.. etc.. (get that out of the way before ppl start crying ;) ) I am just asking for some variety and some new maps to play on multiplayer. :) :D :eek:

Colt

Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by Pvt_Jared_(USMC)
...once the majority of the community (which I am sure has allready) DLs em then they can be mainstream.

The problem with this is that even though the majority of people have these maps on their harddrives, they still get version mismatches, so its really hard to get it to work for everyone. Post in this thread: http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82416 with what you would like to see on the AFA server when it comes back up.

DaddyBone

Infiltration Team
Jul 24, 1999
Boulder, CO, USA
www.sobservers.com
Well! :)

This is nice in theory and all, but there's a problem here - we run these servers for free, and although we TRY to run what everyone wants, maps that play well, don't cause version mismatches, maps that are just plain FUN... this'll never happen. Everyone wants something different, all the time.

How about instead of posting what you'd like US to do, you go out, find the maps, and then email us? I, personally, have my hands so full that there's no way I can go out and find maps that are new, test them for playability, verify the version and textures, and then install them. If someone else were to take care of the first steps, I'd be more than happy to finish it up!

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
awwww you mean I would actually have to do some work? ;) Actually I was part of the Ultima Online community for a long time (3years) and I was a guildmaster there and I worked my "arse" off for so long I vowed never to "work" again for any game. It made the game not enjoyable for me. I would like to look into server hosting though if its not TOO much work maybe I will do it... GAH there I go again (slaps himself)

:boom: