Firefly

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
I know, I know; I'm sure everyone here's seen it, and seen it long before I did. I finally got ahold of the series yesterday, not expecting much. After all, the last show I watched on strong recommendation and critical acclaim turned out to be poorly written, exploitative rubbish— a warning to ye all: that'd be the L Word— and Firefly was being recommended by people who like Stargate, so I wasn't exactly expecting much.

Suffice it to say I didn't go to sleep last night, and finished watching it early this morning. Goddamn.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
FireFly rocks.

The movie is being released at the end of the month and I have heard from people who have seen a prerelease (with many effects sounds and editing not completed) a couple of months back that it is damn good.

Last edited:

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Well, it has been reported that SciFi is going to put the show back into production - if the movie makes enough money in theaters.

So - if you like the show, and want more episodes to be made - go see it about a dozen or so times.

Also, take your friends.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Joss Whedon (and the cast) has a contract to do 3 Firefly movies ... so I don't expect it'll return to TV until after them.

I too recently discovered the show (a guy at work loaned me the DVDs) I can't believe I missed this when it was originally shown.

MP_Lord_Kee

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Loved it. A shame it was cancelled. Good to hear that the movie will be good, looking forward to see it.

Completely off topic, strange how little people talk about TV series here....

//Kee

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
TV in general you mean?

Well - I suppose that would be because TV is awful.

However - we did have a nice 'bash 'Over There' every Thursday' thread going on...

MP_Lord_Kee

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
In general yeah...I haven't seen Over There yet, got the eps though. Heard it is not as good as it might be (Well soon I'll find out :) ).
TV sucks generally, I basically only watch eps I dl nowadays.
Saw all eps of Rome yesterday (that are out) and damn, that is a good series. Well worth it. And Lost is soon back :)

//K

Mercie

Jan 18, 2005
I read the book that is essentialy the movie with sime mustard on the side. They have a strong plot planned, with plenty of laughs and some very, very unfortunate events. Too bad so little time was spent on the people of the crew. Inara and Kaylee never actually talk to eachother, rather Joss had them alwasy be next to eachother.

:D

Can't wait for the movie.