broken or injured limbs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sniper69

Feb 4, 2001
Random ideas

not sure if this stuff has already been planned or what so give me a break.anyway howabout if u get shot or fall hard u can break ur leg or whatever which would disable ur running instead of killing u maybe even leaving u immobile or get shot in the arm and only be able to fire ur weapon with one hand making them innacturate or even unusable because of the power i dont know much about firing guns in real life so sorry if this all sounds stupid or unrealistic to u.also howabout drops of blood when ur injured and u slowly die if ur shot in the lung or stomach well i dont know anything about wounds either so once again if this sounds stupid or unrealistic to u im sorry.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
In INF "dying" really represents more of a rough approximation of incapacitation, and if you have a broken leg I seriously doubt you'd still be in any mood to continue fighting... increasing gun wavering with damage in general sounds good...

EDIT: What annoys me about falling in INF is that with the hit-point system falling just enough to take damage could kill you if you're wounded, even though in just about any normal situation you would've survived the fall easily, but would have taken a bit longer to recover... maybe some way to make this a little more less HP-reliant in INF?

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
I've long advocated having players die slowly when shot in a non-instantly-fatal area... few things more annoying than the sudden, arbitrary shift between "alive" and "dead"...

Sniper69

Feb 4, 2001
well i just wonder if im being heard when i do suggestions to be honest with you im not trying to say the team doesnt care but u know this is probably the first good non-weapon suggestion ive had so maybe they will have something to say.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
On a related note: (I'm sure that this has been mentioned before) How about something as simple as slower/restricted movement the lower your HP's go? If you take enough damage you can't sprint. Even more damage, you can't jog. More damage yet and you begin to even walk slower. I even like OpFp's feature where if you take enough damage, you won't even be able to stand. You can only crawl.

Sniper69

Feb 4, 2001
Re: Random ideas

Originally posted by KrAzEd AssassiN
howabout if u get shot or fall hard u can break ur leg or whatever which would disable ur running instead of killing u maybe even leaving u immobile
thats what i was trying to say here

Destructo6

Jan 11, 2002
Visit site
How about if your health is below 50%, a fall from a non-lethal height takes 50% of the remaining health?

Injury is a pretty difficult thing to model. IRL, it's very subjective. I just hate having my player do weird things because he's injured. I'd almost rather have him dead.